What is the right procedure for lifting lower face at 42? (photos)

I've been struggling with what to do about my suddenly sagging lower face. I've attempted some juvaderm but now i just look sagging and lumpy. Is a lower mini-lift an option rather than trying to lift things with EVEN MORE filler? Thanks for any advice!!!

Facelift at 42.

+3
The facelift procedure would work very well for you.  Adding more fillers is unlikely to produce the result you are poking for.
Best wishes!
Dr. Konstantin

Best age to consider a #Toronto #Facelift ?

+2

I am a 13-year experienced Toronto plastic surgeon and I trained with Drs Daniel Marchac (face) and Gilbert Aiache (nose) in Paris, France and with Dr. Bruce Connell (face) in Los Angeles.

I agree with the other doctors, there is not an age for facelift.  Same for wrinkles; some have forehead wrinkles at 21, some only at 51!

Many techniques for #facelift and #necklift exist, depending on your desires for results, your anatomy, your expectations and the surgeon preferences; skin versus muscle and skin - SMAS facelift - superficial vs deep planes, with and without fat grafting, short scar, European MACS and traditional facelift, etc.

I go over the pros and cons for those facelift and necklift techniques in details when I meet my patients in #Richmond Hill and #Toronto,  so you have a clear understanding.  Shorter scar, superficial procedures (skin only) and minimal undermining might be enough for you for now... yet, results may not last as long as the most comprehensive procedures.

From the pictures you sent me, you would be a great candidate for minimal neck liposuction, anterior neck muscle repair, and a comprehensive 2-layer facelift and neck lift which involves SMAS (the muscle layer) mobilization and muscle lift and skin redraping.  That could be achieved with a short scar facelift technique such as the MACS.  I commonly add fat grafting to my facelift for volume and for #stemcell application (as Drs. Marten and Coleman) - and this is particularly powerful in younger patients such as yourself.

Face surgery MUST be performed by an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon, who knows the facial anatomy.

I do discuss the SMAS and facelift technique on my blog: visageclinic.com/blog

I hope this helps.  It would be our pleasure to meet you at Visage Clinic in Toronto and Richmond Hill.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPereToronto plastic surgeon, #DrMarcDuPere

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014
Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014
visageclinic.com/patient-resources/media.cfm

Marc DuPere, MD

Facelift procedures

+1
Although you are 42 years old, you have areas of your face that are aging and most importantly are bothering you. In this case, you are an ideal patient for surgery that addresses these issues.

Which procedure is right for you;
  1. Facelift - addresses sagging cheeks, marionette lines, jowls and sagging neck.
  2. Cheek or Mid face lift - addresses sagging cheeks, marionette lines and most of the jowl.
  3. Lower face lift - addresses the sagging neck, jawline and marionette lines.
From the photos, you look like you would benefit from procedure 1 or 2.

For more information, please read my book, "A More Beautiful You - Reverse Aging through skin care, plastic surgery and lifestyle solutions".

Robert M. Freund, MD

At what age to consider a facelift

+1
There is no ideal age for a facelift. It depends what your anatomy dicatates. One thing I have to say about your photos however is that you look so good, happy, and healthy when you are smiling. That is because you are elevating your facial volume back to where it was when you were younger. Whether you have surgery or continue using fillers the goal should be to get the wonderfull shape you have when you smile

Good Luck 

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

A mini facelift by a board certified plastic surgeon may be your best option

+1
Thank you for your question.  You look very young and are very early in the facial aging process.

Intervention at this point can be an excellent procedure to prevent and reduce further aging changes.

However facelifting is a very complex art.  You need to consult a very experienced, expert, board certified plastic surgeon who has a well-known and excellent reputation in your community. 

A mini facelift at this point with tightening of this SMAS is the best option for you. 

However you need an expert to properly hide and camouflage yyour scars and to maintain your natural appearance.  I cannot overemphasize how important it is to find a very experienced high-quality plastic surgeon.  You look excellent and need a properly performed careful procedure.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What is the right procedure for lifting lower face at 42?

+1
There is really not an age for a facelift.  Facelift surgery is performed when needed, not because you are a certain age.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Natural Facelift. Consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to discuss your options and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Great Option for you: Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift!

+1
The Laser-Assisted Weekend Neck lift procedure to help contour the jawline, neck and chin.

Using the latest in laser technology in conjunction with the Weekend Necklift, we are able to help the patient achieve a more refined neckline.

Laser-Assisted Weekend Neck lift helps eliminate a double chin and a turkey neck, while dissolving the unwanted fat in the neck, help contour the jawline, neck and chin, and use the laser to tighten and shrink the neck skin.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face lift

+1
You appear to be a good candidate for a short scar facelift with and incision carried both in front of your ears and vertically behind them. This is a good procedure to correct your lower face sagging and jowl formation and maintain your attractive normal appearance.

John M. Griffin, MD

+1
Your photos show some early aging changes related to both sagging and loss of facial fullness.  The best solution at this point is a combination limited face/neck lift along with some fat filler to reverse the changes you are seeing.  

Tom D. Wang, MD

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do for Lower Face Laxity at the Age of 42?

+1
When there is jowl formation and laxity, at whatever age, then a facelift will take care of it. Although one could try some non-invasive treatments like skin-tightening devices, a lower facelift will securely lift up those sagging jowls where they once belonged.  Other aspects of the face are often aging at the same time, such as the cheeks and eyes. These can be corrected at the same time with fat transfer and/or lower lid surgery.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon