The right & left side of my top lip is uneven in size/shape. How do I fix this and make my lips more even & symmetrical? (photo)

The left side of my lip is full and round and the right side is a much thinner shape especially the bottom half and indented. I also have a "snaggle" tooth on the right side that is more obvious because of it. When I smile with my lips closed, the right side stretches back and down over the tooth and it is very obvious. When I smile with my mouth open, the shape is uneven and shows my tooth even more. Between my lip and my tooth I am very self-concious of smiling and pictures.

Fixing your Smile

Fixing your smile would be a combination of fixing your teeth through a cosmetic dentist and fillers such as Restylane into your lips.  Before getting injected into your lips I would consult an orthodontist since your bite itself may be affecting your smile.

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Uneven lip

Before getting anything done to your upper lip, it would be advisable to get your teeth corrected first. A temporary result could be Juvaderm injections.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

475 Biltmore Way
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Fillers for lip symmetry

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can enhance lips and make them more symmetrical.  If you are still unhappy with your smile after fillers, consider consulting a cosmetic dentist for assessment of your teeth.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

1849 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2

The right & lLeft side of my top lip is uneven in size/shape. How do I fix this and make my lips more even & symmetrical?

I would first use a filler to try and even out the asymmetry of your lips. If still not satisfied than a minor surgery or lip lift operation... 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Dental issues causing lip asymmetry

first of all, she'll good that you have great lips with nice fullness.  They are very attractive

if he wanted to temporarily help them be more even you can use filler conservatively in strategic areas of the lips.

Primarily I would say this is a dental issue that can be corrected.

best of luck
Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

2550 Samaritan Dr Suite F
San Jose, CA 95124

Lip issues

First, the tooth needs to be fixed by a dentist because that is probably pushing on your lip a bit. Second fillers can be used to lessen the disparity between the two.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Uneven lip fix

This problem can be approached using a combination of a lip filler such as Belotero in combination with a small amount of Botulinum toxin on the affected side which would reduce show of the tooth. See a physician well versed in the administration of fillers and toxin.
Good Luck
Dr. Brown

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

3801 Gaston Ave
Dallas, TX 75246

Fix for Asymmetrical Lips

Hi JB.  We would use Restylane to fix the issue.  Adding a bit of Restylane to the right portion of the upper lip should bring the two sides closer in shape and size to create the look you are striving for.  

To see Orange County, CA Restylane before and after pictures, check the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Uneven lips

Dear jbeekay,

I think that the easiest solution for your problem is the judicious use of a HA filler in order to give your lips more symmetry. This may need to be done every 6 to 9 months.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

150 Bloor St.
Toronto, ON M5S 2X9

A hyaluronic acid filler filler is what you need.Juvederm is good for lips since it is soft.Another choice is Belotero.Should not be on any blood thinners b/f since increases  risk of bruising. If havehx of cold sores tell the doc

Vicki J. Levine, MD

635 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10022