The Right Implant is Sitting Higher and I Noticed the Inframmamary Fold is Also Higher? (photo)

I had tuberous breasts. Right breast was slightly fuller. I received a sub-glandular breast aug with 275 cc. Immediately after surgery, the left side looked better. The implant sat lower and filled out the lower pole of the breast more. The right side sat very high and the lower pole was not filled out. My doctor assured me that it will take time. My concern is that the inframmamary fold was not lowered enough on the right breast. Can you tell from my pre and post-op pictures (day 6)?

Asymmetry after augmentation

+1

It looks to me from your pictures like there is more swelling on the right than the left and this makes the right implant appear higher. At 6 days post-op, you are very early in the healing process. It will take several months for everything to settle down so I would not even think about revisionary surgery yet--and I wouldn't recommend having any until at least 9-12 months after your original surgery except under very unusual circumstances. Difficult as it is to be patient, time is on your side and your appearance will change over the next few weeks and months. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The Right Implant is Sitting Higher and I Noticed the Inframmamary Fold is Also Higher?

+1

In general you had very asymmetric breast to begin with as seen on the before posted photo. The result needs a little local operation on the left N/A as a donut lift that could even things out. This is my over the internet opinion as I have not examined you in person. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is the norm not the opposite.  Ideally you do not want to disrupt the folds significantly because this may lead to bottoming out and double bubble deformities. Some minor asymmetry fo the folds is expected, but it is still too early to see the final result.

Early Breast Implant Asymmetry

+1

I would agree with the other reviewer that your pre-operative photo merely shows small breasts, not a tubular breast deformity.  It is common for implants to be high early after surgery, or for them to be somewhat uneven.  Follow your surgeon's directions regarding any after-care including massaging. Usually these early (6 days is early!) asymmetries will work themselves out with time or directed massage.  However, sometimes they don't and a minor revision surgery is necessary, but that is usually not decided until a few months out.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon