Have I Got the Right to Ask for a Revision? Or Should I Be Grateful for What I Have? (photo)

I had a bu & tt 9 wks ago. I wanted my breasts evened out & hoped the bu would make them fuller. I had stretch marks up to my rib cage & a saggy apron hanging down over my pubic area. Post op My RB is still 2 sizes bigger & still hangs 1-1 1/2 ins lower. My LB is deflated, the nipple is smaller than the RB & is positioned lower. My R nipple points up & my L points down. I still have excess flabby skin on my abdomen. Am I right to be unhappy with results?

Breast lift and tummy tuck results

+2

I think that it is best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to determine what his thoughts are and how you can achieve what you desire.

Concerns after Breast Lifting and Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you discuss your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion with your plastic surgeon. It is very likely, that after this communication you will be able to work together and plan the nature of and timing of revisionary surgery.

Given that you are only 9 weeks out of surgery, this type of revisionary surgery will  likely  performed many months from now.

Although difficult to give you precise advice based on the photographs posted, I think there is definitely room for improvement;  again, communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Have I Got the Right to Ask for a Revision? Or Should I Be Grateful for What I Have?

+2

Unfortunately, these photos are not adequate to make any judgements. The preop photo doesn't how either breast in entirety, and post op abdomen photo appears to be sitting, and a completely different view that the preop.

You always have the right to discuss the outcome of your surgery with your surgeon. There certainly is a difference in breast size and areolar position in the post op photo.  A breast lift alone  is not likely to make you feel fuller.

I can't tell mcuh of anything from the postop picture. It appears that you may be sitting, which will always cause the skin to seem to be in excess. I see a vertical incision, but not the usual tummy tuck incision.

Please consider reposting your question with a photo of the abdomen posed like the preop, and, if available, a preop breast photo showing the entire breasts.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Breasts and abdomen problems after surgery

+1

You do have a fair degree of asymmetry and eventually you may need a surgical revision.  You are still early at 9 weeks so you will need to wait at least another 3 months or so.  At that time there may be a few things that can be done to improve your symmetry.  If the skin of the abdomen is still lax then it may need to be re-elevated and the excess removed.  

You should discuss revision with your surgeon.

+1

There is enough asymmetry of your breasts after mastopexy to one surgical revision. I would sit down and discuss this openly with your surgeon.

Timing for revision?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  It is hard to know what is going on from your photos.  But it is very early to make any judgements.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon who will help you understand the healing process and the time it takes to fully see all the changes that occur.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes I think you will need a breast revision at 6 months post operative. Best to ask your chosen surgeon their opinion.