With the right doctor, are my Rhinoplasty photo goals achievable? (photo)

I understand that it will not come out 100% perfect nor identical to my reference photos, but with the right doctor, can it be similar? My goal is basically to achieve the 'button' nose, I basically want to narrow the bridge & tip, refine the tip & fix my profile, by making it over all just smaller.

Rhinoplasty goals

+1
I agree with all the previous comments. Additionally, don't  forget that a chin implant would also add to your profile, wit the submitted pictures.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Rhinoplasty Goals

+1
The general principle here is that the bridge will be reduced and some tip projection will be reduced. These are reasonable goals. The picture on the right shows some tip cartilage modification, and these are the things that are commonly done in rhinoplasty, so I think these goals are realistic.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
A digital imaging done by your surgeon will be better to show you the proposed surgical result. I believe that your photographs are realistic for changes in rhinoplasty surgery however the two photographs do not match each other. In other words if the result you want on the profile is what you provided then that would not be the same appearance you have chosen in the frontal shot. You do not want to over feminize a male rhinoplasty and the nose should match well with your overall facial aesthetics. Looking at your nose in the profile photograph you sent you have an excellent nose to achieve the refinements that you request above. During consultation and examination your surgeon can do a digital imaging computer showing you the proposed results which will allow you to see if you are on the same page with your surgeon, Wishing you my best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

REDUCTIVE RHINOPLASTY

+1
thank you for the photo.  The 2 photographs that you have here are fairly different from one another in that the one on the left has been her skin and is a male in the one on the right has thicker skin with slightly different issues and is a female.  However, in general your goals are reasonable.  Reductive rhinoplasty typically will consist of a few things
#1 hump reduction can be achieved with removal of the prominence of the nasal bones and prominence of the cartilage known as the septal cartilage and in some cases the upper lateral cartilage.  Keep in mind, when performing these particular maneuvers and some cases it is wise to place spreader grafts in order to avoid an "inverted V deformity" particularly as you age
#2 the tip refinement will consist of something called cephalic trim and in some cases intradomal sutures.
#3 you may need some de-projection of the tip.

It is likely that your goals can be achieved with what is called endonasal rhinoplasty with no external incisions but in some cases, particularly if you have to place spreader grafts, it will need to be done open with an incision in the area called the columella.

Best of luck
Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

With the right doctor, are my Rhinoplasty photo goals achievable?

+1
Although, no plastic surgeon can guarantee a particular outcome to any surgery, including rhinoplasty, your goal photos are within reason.  I believe your rhinoplasty results will be similar to these results.  Be certain to seek out a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has extensive experience with rhinoplasty surgery.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1
   I think that you can achieve a nose similar to those goals.  I perform the rhinoplasty in closed fashion to reduce swelling and healing time.

Rhinoplasty candidate to narrow the nose

+1
 The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so a full set of photographs are needed to give an opinion. The rhinoplasty procedure can make the dose smaller, refine the tip, narrow the bridge, de-project the nose and  narrow the bridge line. 

+1
It is difficult to give you an accurate assessment without the standard photographs.However, looking at your posted pictures, you goal seems to be realistic.
You will be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty with emphais on your tip area, pending clinical evaluation.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Realistic goals

+1
Having realistic goals is the most important requirement prior to surgery.  You desire dorsal reduction with tip refinement, which are common maneuvers in rhinoplasty surgery and quite achievable.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, thinning the tip and refining the nose are realistic goals for rhinoplasty.  It would be helpful to speak with someone in person or by telephone, as you have 2 different photo goals posted.  You need to be sure the rhinoplasty ultimately matches your facial structure.