What is the Right Cc for my Athletic Life Style?

I have talked to my surgeon and we have 375cc down currently, but I'm still concerned. My stats: Bra-32a Height-5 7' Weight- 129 pnds I know cups sizes are not measurable but I'm looking for fullness like a C cup. My concern with me being 32 that it may be too big for my frame and there are not many examples of ppl with similar stats.

What is the Right Cc for my Athletic Life Style?Answer:

+1

We really couldn't say without seeing you in person or by seeing photos and even then it can get a little tricky...it depends on so many factors....When in doubt, go and speak one more time with your doctor!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Right cc's for athletic life style

+1

Based on your measurements that seems like an appropriate size and should get you to be a nice "C" cup.   375cc is a very common size in my practice.  While we let all of our patients choose their own size, I do encourage going too large. The bigger one goes, the more they weigh, the more they can stretch the skin.  I think 375cc is quite reasonable for someone 5'7 and 129 lbs.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Right Cup Size Based on Body Type & Active Lifestyle

+1

The information you provided suggests 375cc would get you to a full C cup  but with a 32 chest, it could also give you a D cup. You need to also consider your breast width and chest width and compare to the breast implant width. If your planned implants are wider then your breasts, you may feel they are too large, particularly if you are very athletic.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Will 375 cc implants be too large for me?

+1

Based on your height and weight and requested escalation from A to full C cup, 375 cc is not likely to be too large.

Steve Laverson, MD

Smaller implants are best for active women

+1

My best advice to you (since no photos were provided) is to get a second and even a third opinion as to what would be best for you and your frame. As a general rule, I tend to discourage 'athletic' girls from going too large. Implants are heavy and therefore tend to stretch muscle/tissue out. Sports tend to expidite this process despite sport bra support. I would also strongly suggest that you have them placed behind the muscle to have 'inner' support. It'll take a little bit longer to achieve a natural look, but it's worth the wait. I hope this helps, Dr. H 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

It is very difficult to tell you if 375cc implant is good for you. Given your stats, that is a sizeable implant.  You should make sure that you have tried on the implants. You may even want to ask your surgeon if you can borrow the implants for a few days. I allow my patients to take the implants home with them and it seems to help them better choose the implant size. I also use 3D imaging so that the patient can see exactly what the implants will look like after the surgery.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Choosing an implant is a very personal decision... really

+1

I often have patients coming in asking for a particular implant type or size because that's what other people online talk about or those were the pictures a patient saw and liked.  However choosing an implant is a very very personal decision.  An implant size, shape and consistency looks different and feels different in different people.  The overall outcome is dependent not only on the implant, but also on the way the breast augmentation surgery was performed and on the body features of the patients.  This means your height, weight, chest width, shape of your rib cage, the amount of skin/fat that will sit on top of the implant and the pre-existing breasts themselves have  an impact on the eventual outcome of your surgery.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Many Factors determine what is the right implant size

+1

I need to know the width of the existing breast and the width you would like to achieve. I need to know the height of the present breast and where you would like to start the projection of your new breasts. I need to know how loose or tight your skin and muscle are. Just knowing your height and weight is not enough information to determine breast implant size. Rather than focusing on cup size, I would show you before and after photos of other patients' breasts to see the shape and size you like. By using the dimensions I have measured on your chest, and knowing what you like to achieve in terms of shape and size, I can then determine the proper size for you. 

Lu-Jean Feng, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1
As we write frequently in this forum, sizing is an art form. Since you are currently an A cup, 375 cc is not unreasonable to reach a C cup. You are tall and should be able to carry this size well but if you are concerned, then go down one size. Usually patients regret not selecting the larger of two options but this is a personal decision. Best of luck. Dr K

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Committing to Implants before surgery is a Mistake

+1

Hi there-

I know that some surgeons and patients prefer to choose implants before surgery (patients because they like the idea of being in control of their outcome, and surgeons because it absolves them from responsibility if the patient is unhappy afterwords), but my personal opinion is that committing to an implant before surgery is a mistake.

There is no way to know what any particular implant will look like INSIDE of you until surgery.

I would recommend that you spend some time openly communicating your goals for appearance to your surgeon- then let him choose the implant that most closely approximates this appearance for you.

Armando Soto, MD