Am I the Right Candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I hate my nose but I don't know if I am the right to do this surgery. I'm not dissatisfied with my profile (side) view but I hate my nose if I look head on in the mirror. I am looking for natural results but I don't know if I am the right to perform this surgery cause my nose doesn't looks bad in my side view... Help me please.

Right candidate for rhinoplasty

+1

There are many different goals that rhinoplasty can accomplish based on the patient’s needs, wishes, and desires.  The tip can be made more defined and thinner by a combination of suturing techniques of the tip cartilages and/or removal of a conservative amount of tip cartilage. Osteotomies narrow the nasal bones and midthird of the nose.  This can all be accomplished without any change to the profile.  

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Anatomically, you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. However success will depend the experience of your surgeon and your goals and expectations.

Am I right for rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are common for rhinoplasty patients. Not every patient needs a complete change of every dimension and view of their nose to get improvement. That's why it's never a cookie cutter approach with every patient getting the same procedure. What's important is to make sure that areas that don't need big changes are modified enough to remain in balance with the parts that have had significant change. You should have several consults to get an idea of what can be done for you. Computer imaging may help you better articulate your goals.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I the Right Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 2o years and there are many areas, of the nose, that can be improved or left alone during a Rhinoplasty.  This is determined by the proper nasal aesthetics and the individual desires of the patient.  If you like your profile but not the front, of your nose....the nose can be thinned by narrowing the nasal bones, upper cartilages and nasal tip.  The chin appears a bit weak, on profile and you may consider a chin implant to balance the profile.

Determining who is a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It would be helpful if you could describe exactly what you 'hate' about your nose and what you would like instead. Rhinoplasty can be very subjective, so please resubmit question so we can provide best possible advise. Thank you,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty -- am I a candidate?

+1
Your nosecan be refined and narrowed on the frontal viewwithout changing the profile. You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses for the best result.

Rhinoplasty to change the front view even if you like your profile.

+1

You do not need to be unhappy with both a front view and the profile view  in order to benefit from rhinoplasty surgery.  Alterations can be made to enhance any view, however as you point out, there is some influence on all views upon altering just one of them.  That being said, it appears as if you would like a thinner more sculpted frontal appearance while leaving your profile alone.  It looks as if you would be a good candidate for such a limited procedure.

Philip Miller, MD

Personal consultation and digital imaging would be helpful

+1
You have concerns about nasal shape and size that can be improved with rhinoplasty. The decision to have surgery should be made after personal consultation,examination and digital imaging(morphing)

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is a personal choice

+1

If your nose has been bothering you for some time it would be valuable for you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Not everyone is a candidate as many have unrealistic expectations.  A mature, well-informed patient, highly motivated individual is a great candidate. After looking at your pictures it appears as if there is some fullness in the middle-third of your nose as well as the tip. I believe subtle refinements here can give you the look you desire.  You do have darker and thicker skin so your healing process may take a bit longer.  All these issues can be brought up and explained during your consultation. Good luck!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I right for rhinoplasty

+1

If you are concerned about the size or shape of your nose, then definitely see a plastic surgeon in consultation to explore your options.  From my perspective, I would not consider you a candidate for tip rhinoplasty given the bony hump and nasal architecture.  Of course, photos can be deceiving.  One would also need to assess the internal structures of the nose to make a surgical recommendation.  Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD