Whats the Right Breast Size Implants for a Really Petite Girl. Recommendation over 400cc

Im a really small 25 year old girl Weight 95 to 100 pounds Height 5'2 Bra size 32B My breast have gone a little empty since i have 2 kids. I will be having a breast augmentation with silicone next month My concern is the size. I saw 2 doctors 1 recommended 425cc to no more than 450cc and the 2nd recommended 450cc to no more than 500cc. I have asked friends and none have gotten more then 400CC I want to look natural with a good size for my body. How do i know whats my right size?

Choosing the right size breast implants

+2

The correct size for your breast implants is based on your body size and shape as well as your personal goals.  These 425 to 450 cc sizes are probably way too large for you.  I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon who will allow you to try on implant sizers to help you determine which size will meet your goals.  Then you and you surgeon can discuss whether or not this size is appropriate for your anatomy- height, weight, breast width, available skin characteristics, etc.  There is more to this surgery than just ramming an implant into a chest pocket, and you should find a surgeon who appreciates this.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing.

+2

Sizing of breast implants is essentially a 2 step process. Your anatomy defines the width and projection style that your breasts can accomodate and your goals will impact volume. With such a petite frame, any implant over 400cc is going to give you an "augmented" look with excess fullness in the upper pole of the breast. A relatively easy way to judge if you'll be happy with size is to try on sizers in the office with a sports bra. This gives most women a more reliable idea of what they would look like with different sized implants.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Concern about implant recommendations for breast augmentation

+2

Your concerns and second thoughts are indeed warranted. Though a thorough examination would be needed, based on the information that you provided, it does indeed seem that the size implants recommended for you are extremely big and definitely wouldn't be placed in the category of being "natural" appearing. It is just conjecture, but you probably would benefit from a silicone implant that would be in the less than 400cc size. You also want to make sure that the implants are placed behind the muscle and are of the right configuration (high or moderate profile).

You did not indicate if the consultations that you had were with board certified plastic surgeons or other physician types who do perform breast augmentations. I would suggest that you obtain 1 or 2 more additional consultations and make sure that they are reputable board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

How large an implant to use for breast augmentations

+2

I agree with some of the comments that sizing is important. I used to guess based on the cup size ladies want, but the best way for me is to put a sports bra on the patient and try sizers of different sizes, or a saline implant which I fill with air as the patient looks in the mirror. Or the patient can try making her own sizers using uncooked rice in a stocking, measuring the amount of rice she is happy with. If the volume she wants is reasonable for her size, we agree on it. The vast majority of patients I size this way are pleased with the results, and the size mostly range between 300 to 400 cc (average is 325 to 350 cc) depending on what she is looking for and her frame. I won't put in implants which are too large, due to the distortion, pain and long term problems this causes.

Good luck!

Victor Au, MD

Au Plastic Surgery, Pllc

Chapel Hill, NC

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size for petite women

+2

implant volume changes depending on chest diameter.

to change from an A cup to a C cup usually requires the following:

36    375 cc-400 cc

34   325-  350

32    275 -325

the profile of the implant will also change the diameter 

high profile may be better for a more narrow chest unless the patient wants a very round appearance.

Breast implant size on a petite frame

+2

If you have a petite frame I would not suggest an implant volume greater than 400cc as you may look disproportionate and have more complications in the future. I would visit with your plastic surgeons again and see if you can review some smaller sized implants; perhaps you can try them on in a bra if that helps. I prefer to use 3D imaging which is very helpful for patients to visualize what they may look like with certain size breast implant volumes.

Your body's tissues and skin are what will ultimately determine which implant size is best for you. Be sure your board certified plastic surgeon carefully reviews this with you before committing to breast implant size.

Sincerely,

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

What size implant

+2

my suggestion is to go online and look at before and after photos that include the implant size. pick someone who has your sized breasts now, and like the result. look at the size of the implant listed, that is a good starting point. a 400 cc implant is on the large side.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Correct implant size

+2

450-500cc sounds too big for your frame. Please ask your surgeon to let you try some sizer implants (to put in your bra) to see what size you like - then the surgeon can tell you if that is technically feasible, or if he has any reservations with your preferred size and why.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+2

Your photos are helpful to see you in clothing but frontal and side nude photos are best. You need to see more opinions in the South Florida area. Recommendations are Dr Roudner, Secure, Storch, Kane, McDonald, Krau, Simon, etc (i did not recommend myself so not to be self serving). And yes over 400 cc's are quite large for your frame but I bet your breasts are VERY empty. Seek in person evaluations. Go to "private practice boarded plastic surgeons" not ones in centers. 

Even 400 cc breast implants are too large for you. Get other opinion.

+2

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)