What is the Best Way to Get Rid of Icepick Scars?

I have icepick scars on my face, and I know there are many treatments out there. What treatment gives the best results?

Treating ice pick scars - various options

+1

There are various effective options for treating ice pick scars. TCA CROSS therapy can be very effective for a few such lesions, as can excising the ice pick scar. Subcision, fractionated laser resurfacing, and deep chemical peels are also of some benefit. Speak with your dermatologist to determine the best treatment options for you. You definitely want to make sure any ongoing acne is under good control so you don't continue to scar.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Ice picks scars and options: laser, deep chemical peeling, subcision, fat grafting

+1

I have a special technique for ice pick scars that entails the above. I have a special approach to this that has been very successful. Ice pick scars are difficult and this is something that you should be aware of. They will likely always be there to a degree but sometimes you can get lucky and get a serious improvement to the appearance of the scars. Below is a video for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Icepick scars

+1

Approaches to the treatment of icepick scars include the TCA cross method (application of a strong chemical peeling agent to scars to stimulate collagen) and punch removal of the scar followed by laser resurfacing.  It may be worthwhile to try the TCA cross method first, but I would seek treatment with a board certified specialist in a cosmetically oriented specialty such as facial plastic surgery or dermatology.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist