What would be the best Rhinoplasty procedure for me? (photo)

I am pretty sure that I have a very suited nose for rhinoplasty. It looks fine facing front, but any other way is horrible. The nasal bone between my eyes is very this, but the hump is about twice the size in width and length. When I raise my eyebrows the skin stretches and becomes very thin. When I smile the tip goes straight down. I was thinking of maybe removing the hump and having the tip slightly raised. Thanks in advance!

Is Rhinoplasty Right?

+1
Hi there, thanks for your question! I'm impressed with your analysis. Based on your photos, it appears that rhinoplasty is a good match for you. The issues you wish to address — a nasal hump and a downturned tip that becomes more pronounced when smiling — are relatively common concerns and are not generally difficult to correct with surgery. Refining or shaving down the bridge of your nose would be a good option, as would nose shortening and tip rotation or raising. Look for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area who have plenty of experience with rhinoplasty.

What would be the best Rhinoplasty procedure for me?

+1
Dorsum or bridge refinement along with tip refinement and elevation would help address your concerns.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump reduction and shorten the nose

+1
Yes you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure. The procedure would involve shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are also required to prevent an open roof deformity. The nose should be shortened by lifting the tip. Narrowing of the tip cartilages is accomplished with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Also important to release the depressor septi ligament  that pulls the tip down when smiling. 

Long nose, short lip

+1
Your nose has a variety of issues but they are, for the most part, correctable.  The length of your nose (from between your eyes to the tip) is quite long and could be shortened considerably.  Rotation of the tip would help in making the lip not look so short (as would projecting the columella--the tissue between the tip and the lip).  As the tip rotates, the "hump" would not be as noticeable but it could be reduced as well.  Overall, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon