Will the Rhinoplasty Dent and Nostril Asymmetry Fix Itself? 3 Months Waiting Now - Very Unhappy. (photo)

I've been very angry about the results of my rhinoplasty. As a healthcare professional myself I expect results which are at least acceptable and mine are very dis-concerning. It's been 3 months now and one side of my nose looks very different from the other - as if a piece of it is missing. My rhinoplasty Dr said I needed an implant on that side and that he made me nostril lower than the other on that side because my face was lower on that side. I am hoping that in a few months it will correct.

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Result

+2

From your photos, it appears that you still have significant swelling. However, the specifics of your nose need to be compared to your pre-op photos. It is possible to perform a revision procedure, but this would need to be evaluated closer to your 1 year anniversary. It is difficult to appreciate the differences you describe but it might be more evident in person or in comparison with your photos. See a specialist in revision rhinoplasty to get a second opinion.

Vincent Marin, MD

Unsatisfied With Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

I am sorry that you are not happy with your results so far but time is required of full recovery to happen.

Based on your photo, some irregularities could be pointed as they could be pretty much transient. It is not uncommon that swelling happens at different intensities over different areas of the nose causing a virtual asymmetry. 

Nonetheless, at 4 months post-op it is a little too early to assess or judge the outcome of your rhinoplasty. I recommend that you be a little more patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Usually, it takes 12 months for the end results to get established (a bit longer for patients with a thick oily skin).

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Revision Rhinoplasty for Dent In Nose

+1

Hello. It takes between one and two years for the nose to completely heal. During that time the nose will change dramatically. If the issue persists after you have healed you may need a cartilage graft to make a minor change. Be patient and see your doctor if you remain concerned.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196

Rhinoplasty Results 3 Months Post-op

+1

Your picture shows significant swelling which does make it impossible to predict your final result. You are correct in stating that your nose will change, hopefully for the better.