Can I get the results I want? (photo)

I had a lift with implants 10 months ago that did not give me the results I wanted. The skin stretched and implants went out to the sides. I'm considering a revision but am cautious of going thru this again and not being happy. I am posting a picture of my breasts currently and the others are example of what id like. Any help would be appreciated.

Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+2
Your photographs show the implants have descended inferiorly and laterally, you do not have upper pole fullness or cleavage as desired in the photographs shown. I recommend smaller implants placed sub-muscular, higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, a Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM can be performed to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. You are dissatisfied with your results now and unfortunately, they will get worse over time as the implants descend and you will require a revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2
Thank you for the pictures and question.

I believe that the result wasn't that good, the areolas still seem large and stretched in which some stretching of the skin is expected after time and mostly because of the weight of the implants, I would suggest to have another anchor incision breast lift how ever the ending result might be good but then your skin will definitely stretch once again.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD

Internal bra procedure for mastopexy + implants

+2
If the implants move to the sides too much and are starting to drop, then the skin envelope is not adequate to support them. Options would include smaller implants and tightening the lift, or an internal bra with Seriscaffold or Strattice.

Richard Baxter, MD

Desired Breast Shape

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  It is possible to achieve the shape you desire but you will have to downsize your implants and have a breast lift.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Can I get the results I want?

+2

If you desired large appearing breasts than you were successful. The only issue I see is the difference in areolae diameter that can be reduced or even out by a minor local anesthesia surgery...

Breast lift and augmentation

+2
With time the desired result you like in the first photo will over time look more like your photos.  It is not realistic to think that they will not change with time.

Mastopexy Augmentation

+2

A combined mastopexy augmentation brings together two procedures with opposing goals. The mastopexy aims to decrease the skin envelope, while the augmentation aims to increase the skin envelope. The result is often stretching of the skin, widening of incisions and enlargement nipple areolar complex as the implant fights against the breast skin.

The results shown in the first photo are from the early postoperative period; the second photo is that of a breast augmentation alone. In the last photo there has been time for the implants to settle and the skin to stretch. The final result you have is a great result, and natural mature breast appearance; I would be reluctant to revise this result. For a "perkier" breast appearance, a repeat mastopexy would need to be performed in order to remove additional breast skin, decrease the size of the areolae, and resecure the breast gland. 

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Augmentation Results

+2
Looking at your after photos, the results would be considered quite good.  It appears that the symmetry is good, the areola-nipple complex is at a good position and from the side the implants appear to be at the correct height in proportion to your body.  

Now in reviewing the "goal" photos, there are two things that should be considered.  The first photo seems to be a fairly early result (as determined from the scars) and it's not uncommon that newly placed breast implants sit higher for the first few weeks to months.  The second photo shows what appears to be breast implants that are being lifted by a tightly tied bathing suit.  It is, however, possible that the implants used in the goal photo(s) could be high profile or super high profile, or even overly filled saline implants, which all provide the superior pole fullness that is present.  It's hard to know without reviewing a surgical report or notes.  

My recommendation for your case would be to discuss the option of different implant types with your surgeon, but as far as lifts are concerned, your lift is actually very good.  

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Be careful

+2

Remember, perfection is the enemy of good. Your breasts look fine --- that is how normal breasts look.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD