What Are the Results I Should Expect from a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

For optimum results should I combine liposuction with full Tummy tuck? I am also afraid of getting a feminine shape after a tummy tuck, is this possible to avoid? I attached a picture for the after of a patient who underwent tummy tuck, is it possible for me to have the same scar as well as the same results? Thank you so much.

Combination of lipo/tummy tuck will work

+2

The combination of lipo and tummy tuck allows your surgeon to address fat in areas that can't be surgically removed during the tummy tuck such as the flanks, upper abdomen and back.  This will help with the aesthetic contour of your trunk.  There is little risk of giving you a feminine shape since the male and female bony pelvis are different and this is just a skin and fat procedure.  The scar should be put low on the abdomen so it is not visible in shorts or underwear, similar to the picture you posted.  Everyone heals differently so it is difficult to say what your scar will look like after surgery, although most fade over time.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss, liposuction, and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  In an ideal world additional weight loss as well as liposuction and a tummy tuck would provide the best results.  With regards to surgery alone, liposuction and a tummy tuck can be combined.  The photo of the result that yo have posted appears to be someone that is thinner than you are so your overall result will vary.  I would encourage you to set a realistic weight loss goal and achieve it prior to your procedure as the more weight you lose the better the result will be.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD