Can I Get the Same Results and What Are the Risks of Not Having a Lift? (photo)

being told buy X2 sergons that i need a lift but i DONOT want ancor marks which means i would have 1) donut Uplift (smaller implant a big implant would split stitches apart when pulling things together) 2) Implants alone with NO uplift. the sergon has provided me with previous before and after i LOVE the result he has just used a large "brazillian implant" which he says clings to the tissue and prevents sagging what are the risks of not having a lift now and going with just the implant

Brazillian implant

+1

You would more than likely, depending on the size of the implant, just need the augmentation without any lift.  The "brazilian implant" that a surgeon mentioned is more than likely a textured inplant that will "cling" to the surrounding tissue more readily, which are availble in the US.  It will be noticeable if they are improperly placed.  I would stay with more proven methods of aurgmentation and use a smooth round shell implant, either saline or silicone-gel filled.

Lifts produce superior results

+1

You would benefit from a breast augmentation done throught a circumareola approach.  The lift can be done without a lollipo or boat anchor incision.  The circumareola approach allows the implant to be placed higher on the chest wall, breast tissue can be elevated and the nipple elevated.  It is important to have the nipple, breast tissue and implant all high on the chest wall at the same horizontal plane to maximize projection and make a more beautiful breast.  There is not implant that clings and prevents sagging.  The best implant is the smallest implant that achieves your desired goal.  You have not stated what you desire or pre-operative size.  You may be a candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

From your photos, which are limited, it seems that you could have a great result with implants alone. Surgeons have their preference as to where to place that implant. I place almost all of my implants behind the muscle. It really depends on how big you want to be. Larger implants will almost certainly fill your skin envelope out. Smaller implants could leave you with some residual sagging at the bottom part of your breasts, but most likely will not. You can always add the lift later in your situation. Nothing is more accurate however than being able to actually examine you and see what your anatomy looks like. Make sure to get a few opinions and go with the one you like the best and that has a good reputation.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lift Or No Lift

+1

As a quick answer to your concern, gravity is the lady to consider.

In other words, implants will have to drop into their pockets naturally. 

Therefore, increasing the size of the implants will provide a certain level of lift but increases the chances that your breasts will become droopy with time at a faster rate then in you consider smaller implants with a lift where gravity will have lesser effects over your breasts intuitively.

Another aspect worth mentioning is to consider the minimal lift (circumareolar) with the right size implants.

All in all, it is hard to provide you with a precise opinion that will best fit your case without a physical examination at an in-person consultation.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

A "donut" breast lift with implants is likely a good option

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

A "donut" breast lift with implants is likely a good option but may not be absolutely necessary. Implants alone do not lift breasts. Breast implants restore lost volume but do not provide lift. It doesn't look like you need the anchor scars, but I could be wrong. I would have to examine you to tell.

To be sure what is right for you, see more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

To lift or not to lift

+1

Breast lift is indicated when the breast appears droopy and has certain anatomical position of the nipple, bottom of the breast and the breast fold. Depending on what is present in an individual patient, proper surgery will be planned. Of course the surgeon needs to have proper experience and vision to decide proper course. In your particular case it appears that you could benefit from breast augmentation alone. Properly sized implant, properly placed will give you the desired youthful and uplifted look.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get the Same Results and What Are the Risks of Not Having a Lift?

+1

There are some patients would be poor candidates for breast augmentation with doing a breast lift. Posterior patients his nipples are already sagging significantly and it whom it is quite predictable the breast skin will be sagging often implant giving a unattractive appearance.

From your photos I do not see that situation. Breast lifts are primarily done for one or 2 reasons:

• Nipple and areola are too low.
  • Too much breast skin.

There are several ways we determine desirable areolar position. One is a measurement which I can't duplicate a photograph. The other is the position of the areola. The bottom of the areola should be even with or slightly above the breast fold. On your photos position looks satisfactory. You do have some excess skin that will be filled out with the breast implant. 

If you felt that nipples were too low and one of them a bit higher, a circumareolar lift would be satisfactory. This involves an incision around the areola, and not the vertical and horizontal incisions characteristic of an anchor pattern lift. 

One last comment on the before and after photos. I can tell for sure but it appears to me from the little bit of the areolar margin and I can see on the side view that this patient may have had a circumareolar lift. the margin between the darker areolar skin and a light her breast skin is very distinct unlike a normal appearance which gradually fades.

Thanks for your question and best wishes. 

Risks to not having a lift

+1

Based on your photographs, an augmentation alone or a benelli or donut lift could be done based on what you want your breasts to look like. A lift can always be performed after an augmentation if you want a different look.

Donna Rich, MD

Implant without lift

+1

Your photos show that you have a high inframammary fold under your breast.  It creates the illusion that you need a lift.  I think an implant alone with lowering your fold internally would give you the result you are seeking without additional scars from a lift.  You would not be "burning any bridges" though and could always get a lift later down the road.  The type of implant itself will not prevent sagging.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Augment or lift

+1

From your photos it seems the nipples are above the fold. You can get a very attractive look with a moderate sized implant.. The textured implants that cling to the tissue absolutely do not prevent future sagging. The implants are never in the breast but always behind the breast tissue or the muscle and over time the breast tissue always has the possibility of sagging off the implant.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD