Which Would Have the Best Result with my Buffalo Hump: Liposuction, liposculpture, or Vaser Liposculpture? (photo)

Good day doctors, I am a healthy 30 year old lady,153.5 cm in height, 52 kg in weight and have a familial buffalo hump that i want to get rid of. Although I reached once 48 kg , that hump remained as it is.. So, I was aiming for vaser liposculpture but I have heard that this kind of fat is fibrous and the classic liposuction would be a better option and even that sometimes an incision is needed.... kindly help me with your advice,

Buffalo Hump: Liposuction, liposculpture, or Vaser Liposculpture

+2

Either the VASER or PAL (power assisted lipo) will be able to treat the more fibrous fat in that area. I doubt that an incision would be needed. All the best. 

Buffalo hump

+2

Hi 

thanks for the post. This is a common request. Generally the fat is very fibrous and needs the PAL and possible Ultrasound first to break up the fibrous fat. If the skin is sagging, in extreme cases, I will also cut out and remove a wedge of skin. This does not sound like your problem. 

Your "hump" does look like it would benefit from the liposuction. However, it's important to get medical clearance first. There is a condition of hormonal imbalance called  Cushing's sydrome. This is due to an excess of cortisol hormone. This can lead to several health problems and needs to be ruled out  before having surgery. 

I don't want to scare you and this hump is smaller than most cushing's patients, but nevertheless you want to be sure it isn't something to treat before proceeding. 

Bennett Yang, MD
washington DC

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Buffalo Lump and Liposuction

+2

Although these humps are harder to suction, conventional liposuction or power assisted liposuction is appropriate to remove this.  I have done this for lipodystrophy in many different scenarios due to many different medical conditions.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Power assisted liposuction is the only thing that really works on buffalo humps.

+2

Power canulas or PAL are like jackhammers pounding that fibrous tissue to get the fat and fibrous tissue out of buffalo humps. It is effective and easy to undergo under local tumescent anesthesia but don't waste your money on lasers or ultrasound lipos since they don't touch fibrous tissue fat deposits. Also in other areas, if you've had lipo  before or had a tummy tuck, then you have most likely some or alot of fibrous tissue with the fat so you need PAL to break it up and remove it -not laser or ultrasound or freezing etc...Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Buffalo Hump Treatment

+1

This is easily correctable.  I recommend laser lipo with power assisted liposuction.  I prefer Smart Lipo and NIL since it works the best and is the most comfortable.  Your hump can be easily removed under local anesthesia with light oral sedation.  There should be only one incision and it's no bigger than 2 mm.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS