Who Are the 5 Most Reputable Surgeons for Blepharoplasty in NYC?

I'm having difficulty finding unbiased info on the best options for blepharoplasty in NYC. I figured there is no one better informed than the surgeons themselves. 2separate lists are probably more helpful....most reputable and simply in your opinion 'who are the best'? I realize this may be an unfair question to pose to the docs, but certainly the kind many on this forum would like to see answered. Thanks in advance.

Selecting a plastic surgeon for blepharoplasty

+1
There is endless information about plastic surgery available online, some of it helpful, some of it hogwash. Many patients learn about treatment options and narrow their search for a plastic surgeon with the help of their computer. And then they make one or two or more appointments, and on the basis of these encounters decide on a surgeon. Some patients already have a particular plastic surgeon in mind, based on the recommendation of satisfied patients or the surgeon's reputation.
Regardless of how you decide who you see, ask yourself the following questions after your consultation appointment(s):
Is this surgeon qualified to perform the surgery I am considering?
Do I like this person? Will I enjoy seeing them over the course of my surgery and recovery?
Was my complete medical history taken and examined in detail?
Did this physician truly listen to me as I explained my thoughts about the improvement I am seeking?
Does this physician share my aesthetic sensibility? Do they understand me and are they able to provide exactly what I am looking for?
Was I provided with a thorough understanding of all options available (both surgical and non-surgical)?
Was I shown photographic examples of surgical outcomes that give me confidence?
Was the office staff professional, friendly and accommodating?
Was I pressured in any way to proceed with surgery?
Listen to what your heart and your gut tell you when you are evaluating your consultation experience. Only move forward if you can do so with confidence about the experience you expect to have in a given plastic surgery practice, and about your ultimate outcome as a surgical patient.
Your experience with the consultation process is a good indication of what you are likely to receive as a surgical patient in any practice. If the process is well-organized and enjoyable, the staff is respectful and efficient, and the physician takes adequate time to understand your individual needs and communicates effectively, then you have a very high likelihood of being treated in a similar fashion if you become a surgical patient of that practice. If the process is disorganized or rushed, if the staff is discourteous or unprofessional, or if the physician does not give you confidence that your needs will be met, then don't expect things to get any better once you are a surgical patient.
Aesthetic Vision
If you are satisfied that a cosmetic plastic surgeon you are considering has the appropriate training, experience and credentials, then the next step is to determine if you and this surgeon are `on the same page' aesthetically. As you are about to undertake a permanent alteration to your outward appearance, you should be comfortable with your cosmetic surgeon personally, feel like you communicate easily, and feel like you have the same vision for the aesthetic improvement that you desire.
Reviewing `before and after' photos can help to confirm that a surgeon shares your sense of what is a desirable outcome for a given surgical procedure. In your consultation appointment you should expect the surgeon to take time to carefully and thoughtfully evaluate your `starting point' and to discuss with you in detail their proposal for improving your appearance. There are quite a number of surgical approaches for the improvement of any given aesthetic concern, and you should therefore expect to have a number of treatment options discussed. You should also receive a clear explanation of why a surgeon feels that one particular approach is the best one for you personally.
You must be absolutely certain that your plastic surgeon's aesthetic sensibility matches your aesthetic goals. I have a very particular aesthetic vision, and I do not pretend to be the plastic surgeon for everybody. I strive to produce surgical results that are natural-appearing, results that do not advertise a trip to the operating room. For example, I do not perform breast augmentation for patients that are seeking an overly large and distinctly `done' breast appearance. And I have a particular distaste for cheek implants, as I think they rarely produce natural-appearing cheek contours, and instead prefer to enhance facial volume by means of structural fat grafting. Make sure that your plastic surgeon's philosophy and preferred approaches are consistent with the goals that you have in mind.
Adequate communication is obviously invaluable, and you should be able to communicate clearly and easily not only with your doctor, but also with your doctor's staff. Over the course of preparing for and recovering from aesthetic surgery, your doctor's staff will have an important and active role. Make sure that your interaction with the staff gives you confidence that you will receive the care and attention that you expect, and deserve, postoperatively.
Hospital Privileges?
A hospital has access to information and records that the general public does not. Hospitals also have potential exposure to liability for cosmetic surgery procedures performed in their surgery centers. They therefore will only grant surgical privileges for cosmetic surgery procedures to physicians that can demonstrate appropriate training and credentials.
Although many aesthetic surgery procedures are not performed in hospital operating rooms, the fact that a hospital has granted a surgeon privileges for a given procedure ensures that the surgeon has met an accepted standard of education, training and certification. It also means that your surgeon will be able to take care of you at a hospital should an unexpected complication from cosmetic surgery arise which requires hospital admission. This is an extremely rare situation; however it is worth considering when you are contemplating an elective cosmetic surgery. It is better to be prepared in advance for an unlikely outcome, than to be looking for another doctor when the one you have chosen does not have the experience, training and credentials to continue your care in the event of an emergency.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon