What is the best way to remove chicken pox scars?

I have a large pitted chicken pox scar on my fore head and I would really like to have it removed. I'm not sure what the best way to remove it is. I read about removing them by subcision and then filling them but will that leave another scar? What are my other options and how much would it cost for each? My Mom is fine with me getting surgery but do you have to be 18? Or do you just need parental consent?

Chicken Pox Scar Removal

+1
Chicken pox scars might be difficult to treat, so it's best to see an expert physician to determine the best treatment option. Depending on your individual case, you may be a good candidate for excision followed by laser therapy or serial subcision along with laser therapy and filler. 

Baltimore Dermatologist

+1
Any time the skin is cut or injured, a scar will result. However, there are several ways to improve a scar. If your chicken pox scars are putted scars, it is possible to improve them by using a punch biopsy to remove them. You will trade in a pitted scar for a small linear scar, instead. The eye is drawn to a pitted scar and a small linear scar will be less obvious. Additionally, a skin resurfacing procedure may yield further improvement.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of chicken pox scars on the face

+1
Combination treatment with subcision and fractional co2 can help improve chicken pox scars on the face and body. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS