The Redness Comes Back and Goes Away, Flashes?

It has being 8 weeks since i had a lser fractional co 2 The place treated by laser sort of flashes all the time.The little scar that the laser treated became more prominent and deeper. The redness goes away and then comes back. I live under the fear that this flashes will never go away. I am too devastated.

Persistent Erythema After LASER resurfacing

+1

C02 resurfacing can take a prolonged period of time for select patients.  It can take up to 6 months for some patients' skin to feel back to normal.  In some cases, underlying redness or sensitivity may be a part of your skin's physiology and other laser treatments or topicals can aid in intermitent erythema.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness can last a long time if you have sensitive skin

+1

After CO2 resurfacing, your skin is baby skin for some time. I estimate in my patients that there skin is not really the same skin for at least 3 to 6 months. This means it doesn't do some of the things that skin normally does on its own very well like exfoliating and cleansing. You will also need to remember that your skin is more sensitive to things like wind, sun, dehydration and clogged pores. So careful but gentle exfoliation, moisturizing, sunscreen and regular cleansing are important. Avoiding any new products or irritants such as retina-A is important. After you have done all these things for 3 to 6 months, your skin should return to normal. If you had rosacea or significant diffuse redness before your treatment it could take longer. One treatment for this is the Excel V laser treatment which will shrink and eliminate a lot of the tiny microscopic blood vessels causing the redness. I hope this helps.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon