Will the Redness Color of the Lip Above the Vermillion Boarder Remain While the Port Wine Color is Removed with PDL Treatment?

My daughter has a 1 1/4" by 1/2" port wine stain on her lower lip above and below the vermillion boarder. Will the redness color of her lip above the boarder remain while the port wine color is removed with PDL treatment? She will be 10 months old at surgery.

Laser Treatment - Redness

+1

Thank you for your question. The color may be altered slightly, and usually the normal color remains, but not 100% of the time.  The laser operators are sensitive to this, and will do all they can to maintain the color I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.