How is the Recovery of a Vertical Tummy Tuck Without Muscle Repair Compared to With MR?

I'm a 23 year old healthy male, and I received a full tummy tuck with muscle repair two years ago after massive weight loss (100lbs). I'm returning to get a vertical scar to remove excess skin from the region above the belly button. I was told there is no need for muscle repair again. How much pain should I experience without muscle repair and how is the recovery different?

Recovery after "2nd" tummy tuck

+2

Like other plastic surgery involving skin only, when compared to surgery involving muscle, you will likely find the recovery after this procedure much easier and less painful.  Was this second surgery planned as a staged procedure? 

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Recovery?

+2

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. I think you will find that recovery after your planned operation will involve minimal discomfort compared to the tummy tuck surgery performed with “muscle repair”. I think you will also find,  given less discomfort,  that you will be returning to activities sooner.  You need to be careful not to return to activities too soon ( again, you  should not have significant discomfort to “warn” you to take it easy.).