Is the Recovery of an Umbilical Hernia Repair Very Much Different from a Full Tummy Tuck with Diastisis Repair? (photo)

I Am 5'4 1/2 ", 108lbs, extremely active,lift weights/cardio and train intensley daily. I Have Had Two Children (5 and 15months)I have full Rectus Diastisis, lower abdominal bulge, an epigastric/umbilical hernai (according to a GS), also minimal extra skin. I am afraid of the recovery/complications/invasiveness of the full abdominoplasty. Is it much easier to recover from just an umbilical hernia repair (with mesh)by a GS than a full tummy tuck with everything repaired (no mesh)by a PS?

Umbilical Hernia Repair or Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Giving you advice  without examining you in person and/or discussing your goals is not ideal.

However, based on limited information  I think you may be better off undergoing repair of the hernia without tummy tuck surgery. This recommendation is made based on your description, viewing pictures,  and after  considering the pros/cons  of each procedure as well as the potential risks and complications associated with each procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm