What is the Recovery Plan for BBL W/ TT?

Hi there, I see alot of doctors are performing and recommending tummy tucks with BBL's. I don't understand how you can properly recover from these two procedures and have optimal results for both. I plan on having both done but was going to do the BBL first and TT a few weeks later. However I think that doing both together would give me good results since the doctor can use both procedures in the contouring process... I just need to understand how the heck you recover without sitting! Thanks!

Tummy Tuck and BBL

+2

We all have done that. You will recover very well but it is difficult the first week.

Pain all over and no comfortable position, but you will make it. Sitting on doughnut, sleeping in a recliner, taking your pain medication.

Brazilian Butt Lift with Tummy Tuck or Without.....

+1

If you are planning to have the Brazilian Butt Lift and need a tummy tuck, then there are options.  You can have them done together, but it does make recovery more difficult and does increase the risks of the procedure.  If you have sufficient fat in other areas, I usually recommend that the Tummy Tuck be performed later.  If you have minimal fat, then having the Tummy Tuck at the same time will allow removal of all of the fat in that area (Lower Abdomen) and transfer this fat to your buttocks as well.     If you separate the two procedures, then the lower abdomen can be liposuctioned during the first procedure, but some fat has to be left behind. 
But, just so you know.  Unless you have been told that YOU need a tummy tuck, then maybe you don't.  TummyTucks cannot be done on just anyone.   You have to have loose skin.  So, just because others are being told that they need one, doesn't mean that you will.

As far as recovery, be sure you follow the instructions given to you by your surgeon.  If you like their results, then it's best to follow the instructions which have worked for their prior patients, not what you read on the internet. 

Good Luck

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Alternated lateral side down during 1 week is the natural position eitheer TT or BBL/la posicion acostada de lado es para BB -TT

+1

naturally if you fullfill the whole  requirements (not overweight more than 20 lbs,any big varicouse vein,family already planned,lab tests ok) we may realize  both procedures easeally.

si tu llenas  todos los requisitos  que no tengas un sobre peso mayor a 8 kgrs entonces se pueden realizar  ambos procedimientos facilmente

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Abdomen is a great donor site for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift is a surgical procedure where fat is removed from elsewhere on the body and transferred to the buttock. Many people choose to use their abdomen as one of the donor sites. Performing liposuction of the abdomen can lead to laxity in some patients, and combining an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will allow your surgeon to be more aggressive in their fat harvest. I feel that combining these procedures is quite useful.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Recuperation from BBL/TT

+1
Many doctors perform these procedures together but I am not a fan of combining them. The recuperation is more difficult because it will hurt all over. If you are concerned, then consider a tummy tuck first and then the BBL at a later date. I also like for patients to have a sense of what they look like after TT before deciding whether to have more surgery. I think it gives them a better understanding of whether the second operation is worthwhile.

Robert L. Kraft, MD