What is the recommended treatment for an atrophic scar? (photo)

Three weeks ago I accidentally dove into some shallow water of a swimming pool. I had injuries to my forehead and lip but my nose took the worst of the impact. The impact scraped off a significant amount of skin and what appears to be an atrophic or depressed scar has developed with a few slightly raised edges. What is the recommended treatment for this kind of scar?

What is the recommended treatment for an atrophic scar?

+2
This likely will improve with time. As early as 6 weeks post-injury, dermabrasion or laser resurfacing can be performed to smooth and plump that tissue. If that fails, a scar revision would usually be performed between 6-12 months depending upon how the scar is improving with time.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon