What are some of the most recommended products needed for pre-op and post-op septo-rhinoplasty?

I am having surgery on the 14th and want to get a head start on recommended items needed for this surgery. i hear i should buy pineapple juice which will help with bruising. I was also informed to get vitamin C but is it the actual vitamin pills or orange juice? I'm not sure exactly what type of vitamin C i need to take. any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Sometimes its what you DONT take

+2
Its a question many people ask. there really is no evidence that nutritional supplements reduce swelling/bruising. there is some evidence, albeit poor that Arnica helps reducing bruising. The most IMPORTANT thing, is knowing what to avoid. things like Vitamine E, ginko, Aspirin and many others thin you blood and can result in more bruising. You can find these things online. also, after surgery talk to your surgeon about what they like. Here in ottawa, canada, after rhinoplasties or septoplasties we ask people to use salt water rinses to help keep the nose clear. apart from that, its all how your body behaves and everyone is different. 

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nutrition and Rhinoplasty

+2
A one a day vitamin is all that you need to take to maximize your nutritional status. Arnica is a homeopathic medicine sold at CVS, Walgreens, and GNC. It may reduce black and blue & swelling. But consult your surgeon before you take any over the counter medication prior to surgery.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon