What Are the Recommended Fillers for a Chin Implant Surgery?

How common is it for a patient to use their own fat as filler instead of readily available fillers in the market?

Fat is NOT useful for Chin augmentation

+1

Fat transfer works well for soft tissue volumizing of the face, but not to build up the chin, per se. It would be short-lived, and assymetric. I use Radiesse and Sculptra to add volume to these areas, with or without Chin Implant. However, these fillers have not replaced the superior results seen w/ sugical implants in terms of aesthetic quality, longevity, and cost over time. Dr. G.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Chin Augmentation

+1

The best choice for chin augmentation is an implant which will last a lifetime and ultimately will cost a lot less. Fat is my second choice because it will last a lot longer. In my hands Radieese is better than the hyaluronic acid fillers because it will last longer.

Fillers for Non-Surgical Chin Augmentation

+1

Depending on how much chin augmentation you would like to receive, non-surgical chin augmentation with fillers may be a good option for you.

Because the filler may be place close to the bone and far from the chin, almost any filler can be used for chin augmentation.  In my practice, I prefer Radiesse because it is a little sturdier, and lasts a little longer in this area than the hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, or Perlane.

Usually one or two syringes my be used for chin augmentation.  I tell my patients, while fillers are a good alternative to an implant if you don't want to have surgery, they only give about 65% of the augmentation that an actual implant would give.

If you like the initial results of fillers, you may consider a longer lasting filler like Artefill, which will last several years.

Good luck in your search for information.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What filler would you use for a chin implant?

+1

A chin implant is a minor surgical procedure where a silicone implant measured for you specifically is inserted under either local or general anesthesia. If the chin deficiency is not too excessive, injectables are an excellent alternative. I generally use Juvederm Ultra Plus initially to see if this gives the patient a satisfactory result. This will last in that chin area at least a year. If the patient likes the result, and when the Juverderm UP is gone, I will then inject Artefill, which will last for years. Repeat injections may be necessary to achieve the patient's goals. there is minimal to no recovery or discomfort.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for chin augmentation

+1

There are no injectable fillers that will give any significant chin augmentation due to the elasticity and pressure of the soft tissues over the chin bone. It takes either a chin implant device or bone advancement.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Filler for chin augmentation

+1

for a standard chin augmentation a filler would not be appropriate. A more beneficial result would typically be obtained from a chin implant or chin advancement.

Jay M. Pensler, MD