Was the Recommendations During My Consult for Botox/filler Correct? (photo)

Hello! I'm 36 yrs old, olive skinned, 5'3" 110 lbs that has never had anything done. No wrinkles when resting, however over the past year, have noticed creasing under my eyes when I smile. I had my consult today and he recommended two syringes Perlane along cheekbone and one injection site Botox crows feet area. I don't want anybody to tell I've had anything done. I just want to look like I've had a nice long nap and have awoken refreshed. What are your thoughts?

Dermal Filler Recommendations

+2

Hi Natural.  We do not agree with the recommendations.  First, there is not much contraction at the outer eye (crow's feet) area.  If you did have any Botox there, it would likely be a very small amount because there are almost no smile lines even when you are smiling.

As for the cheek and under eye area, we would suggest 1-2 mL's (syringes) of Restylane.  Perlane is a great product and works very wll fo rthe cheeks, but the issue that is most visible to us is the "tear trough" which is the creased area under the eyes.  The Restylane will fill and smooth this contoured area (when done correctly).  You have nice cheekbones already so we would focus right under the eyes.  

It's possible that this injector does not use this technique and if this is the case, find another.  Good luck.

Was the Recommendations During My Consult for Botox/filler Correct

+2

I think it's a good recommendation as long as you are seeing someone who is a good, board certified physician injector. Under the eyes and upper cheekbones can be an area that is poorly done by inexperienced injectors. I tend to be more conservative and would have you start with the Botox and one syringe. Then come back a few weeks later and assess if you need a second syringe there. Also, if you wear daily sunscreen it will help tremendously!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Treating the area under the eyes

+1

In general, an appropriate skincare regimen, resurfacing procedures such as peels and lasers, and finally Botox or Dysport injections can address fine wrinkles under the eyes. I would recommend starting here and seeing how you respond. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and fillers

+1

If you're looking for a more "natural" look, I think you're best to start conservatively. It's not absolutely necessary to get all areas treated at the same time - start slow and see how you like the progression.

Sam Naficy, MD