What is the Reason You Can't Exercise While Recovering from Smart Lipo?

I got smart lipo on lower abs and flanks. Everything I've read and my doctor says no exercise for 4-6 weeks. I just want to know what is the exact reason for this? How does it affect recovery?

One week of taking it easy

+1

You can exercise one week after your Smartlipo procedure, but listen to your body don’t push yourself to hard.

+1

Exercising early can create shear stress on the areas liposuctioned and produce a fluid collection, which can obscure final result.  In addition, it will increase overall swelling as will any increases in blood pressure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

I believe the doctor you saw is being very cautious. But it could be you need a larger amount of SmartLipo/Lipo??? In my practice I allow very light exercise at 1 week.