Will the Radiesse Injected in my Chin Go Away?

I got radiesse injected to get rid of my cleft chin 5 weeks ago, and now my chin looks huge. The plastic surgeon that injected it did not use the entire syringe. I don't know exactly how much but he said that I have a lot left over. My wedding is in May and I don't know what to do. . Is there any hope that this will fade away come May? Or is there anything I can do to speed up the absorption?

Why doesn't Radiesse go away

+2

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to dissolve Radiesse, fillers can vary from each individual but typically last 8-12 months. The best option for you is to wait it out till it dissolves on its own, the majority should subside by your wedding day. 

Best of luck and congrats 

Will Radiesse go away

+2

There isn't a counter product to Radiesse like there is for HA fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. The only thing that will take Radiesse away is time (or surgical excision which is ONLY recommended in cases of an emergency). By May your filler should be lessened though most likely to still be there somewhat. You've got many months til your wedding though so be calm and patient. Hopefully it will lessen by then.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse in the chin

+2

There is not much you can do to speed up the absorption process, but a majority of the Radiesse should be gone by May. I would check in with your injector in 3 months if it still appears to be large at that time. The carrier for the injection particles will have dissolved by then and you will start to see a gradual decrease.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

+1

The good news is that yes, it will go away, and I would expect it to be dramatically resolved by the time of your wedding. That being said, I don't think there's much you can do to speed up the process, aside from some gentle massage (the effectiveness of which has not been completely ascertained). Nor is there a way to "reverse" it, as is the case (to a certain degree only) with the hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane and Belotero.

You were smart to do this far enough in advance so that it can settle down by your wedding. I do not, by the way, think it looks overly prominent, but that's hard to tell from a photo and, certainly, without being able to compare to the pre-op appearance.

Good luck, and I think you'll be fine by the wedding so that will, hopefully, be one less thing to stress about!

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Will Radiesse Results Fade?

+1

Radiesse is a temporary treatment, so the results you describe will wear off. Unfortunately, there is no way to speed up the process, but Radiesse results generally last between a few months to one year.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

There's nothing you can do unfortunately do dissolve Radiesse, always see a reputable provider to ensure a beautiful result

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Too much Radiesse in the chin

+1

Radiesse is not reversible but it is not permanent. Because of this, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. May is many months away and it is likely your injected Radiesse will have significantly decreased by then.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon