What is the Purpose for Microdermabrasion After the Ematrix Treatments?

im currently in the processed of healing my acne scars after the ematrix treatment then i will have 4 microdermabrasion session seperately for a months and i wanted to know why?

Microdermabrasion and eMatrix

+1

I would use these treatments as merely complimentary procedures. eMatrix is sublative rejuvenation, meaning it affects the surface slightly, but more lower depths of the skin. Microdermabrasion is a surface only treatment and even with the addition of a peel or other topicals applied, very superficially treats the skin. My assumption is that your physician recommended the eMatrix treatments to resurface the skin, and the microdermabrasion treatments to brighten the surface area.

Combining microdermabrasion with eMatrix treatments

+1

Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical exfoliating treatment for dull or rough skin, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage. It is an extremely superficial skin treatment which, in my opinion has little to no effect on acne scarring. The eMatrix uses fractionated bipolar radiofrequency energy which is called sublative rejuvenation. The eMatrix affects only 5% of the epidermis and most of the effect is in the deeper tissue (dermis). It can therefore have a significant effect on improving acne scars. Combining microdermabrasion with your eMatrix treatments for acne scarring can be done for the other benefits.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/medical-spa-services/facial-rejuvenation/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.