Where Are the Puncture Marks for Liposuction for a Double Chin?

Are there facial exercises that help tighten the loose skin, or is it tight after the procedure?

+1

The access points are behind the ear lobe and in the crease underneath the chin. There are no exercises that will tighten the skin tough.

Incisions for Liposuction of the Neck

+1

Typically we make an incision where the lobe of the ear meets the neck, (on both sides).  We also will place an incision a little back from the natural (mandibular) crease in the midline under your chin.  With multiple incisions one can criss-cross the area undergoing liposuction.  This usually leads to a smoother contour.  It is important to realize that this treats the fat and not other things that can be effecting your neck contour, (bands, excess skin, etc).  Also important to wear the compression garments and follow the after care advise of your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

I do three small 1.5 mm punch sites, one under each ear and one in the center of the chin shadow area.

+1

It is important to have good access to the double chin area to do a great job with liposuction or SmartLipo.  I use three small punch incisions 1.5mm each as entry spots for removing the double chin fat.   This works well for me, however other options may also work well for other surgeons. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Incision sites for neck lipo

+1

I use two to three puncture sites for neck lipo - one behind the lobule of each ear and occcasionally one in the shadow the mid madibular body on the right side ( I am right handed).  Each puncture is no more that three millemeters in length to accomodate a 2.4 millemeter cannula. 

If you have good skin tone, the skin will contract after the procedure.  If your skin tone is poor, you may have some loose skin after recovery.  Your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to tell you what to expect afer recovery.  There are no exercises that will tighten loose skin.  If this is an area of concern,  I would suggest a neck lift rather than a lipo procedure.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the neck

+1

typically liposuction of the neck is a reasonable procedure for patients with a small to moderate amount of excess fat in the neck under the chin area.  This will require a small (2-3mm ) incision in the area just below the chin which will not be noticeable once healed.  This procedure can aid in tightening of this skin as long as there is good skin tone and the patient is deemed to be appropriate for this procedure.  There are many therapies / lasers/ radiofrequency machines that are marketed to replace liposuction for these types of issue but none of them have the proven track record of results that liposuction has when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Liposuction for a Double Chin

+1

The most common entrance site for neck liposuction is right under the chin. In some cases, small incisions may also be made around the earlobes to reach the back part of the neck if needed. These are such small incisions of a few millimeters that they heal without being detectable. There is no form of exercise that will tighten neck skin. Unless one has a loose and hanging neck wattle, most neck skin will contract to some degree after liposuction. It is usually a question of how much and how smooth it will become.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Incision sites for chin liposuction

+1

Neck and chin liposuction, in the right patient, is about as close to immediate gratification as a plastic surgery procedure can get.  I use a small incision in the crease under the chin and one in the crease in front of each earlobe.  These three incisions heal with very little scar and allow for removing the fat and shaping the area from several different angles. 

No neck exercise will help tighten you neck skin.  But if you are overweight, weight loss can sometimes make a big difference in the appearance of the neck and chin. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Liposuction for chin

+1

Liposuction of the chin can be very rewarding. Usually I use a single small incision underneath the chin crease. On occasion I may use an incision behind each earlobe.

Incisions for the treatment of a double chin

+1

The incision used for liposuction for a double chin is placed in the natural crease that is present below the chin. Many physicians will use a second one depending on the circumstances and this one is situated right behind or below the earlobe.

There are no muscle exercises that will tighten loose skin.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Treatment for fat neck ?

+1

After one week, in my experience, you do not see and cannot find the opening signifying the location through which liposuction of the neck is accomplished.  These tiny marks disappear quickly and completely.  Facial exercises will NOT tighten loose skin, but will add wrinkles... After all, Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin relax facial muscles to soften or eliminate wrinkles, so it stands to reason that exercising muscles will magnify wrinkles, does it not?  Tightness of the skin following neck liposuction depends on how tight (or loose) and how elastic the skin is, and how much fat is removed.  Very often, neck skin tightens significantly after liposuction of the neck to contract around the smaller more well defined contour that results after fat removal.

Steve Laverson, MD