Has the Ptosis Surgery Worked? 10 Days Post Op Eye Looks The Same

I had levator resection a month before on my left upper eyelid. after 10 days the sutures were removed and the eyes were equal. but now i could see the difference and the left eye looks the same before the surgery has the surgery worked. still i have blackened areas around the stitches and wrinkles. shall i wait or should consult for the correction again

Ptosis surgery recovery

+1

You should wait at least 3 months before considering further surgery.  Repeat ptosis surgery is not uncommon but you need to give the eyelid time to heal as its height can change over 3 months.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recurrance of the ptossi of the eyelid

+1

I think waiting for more surgery until the bruising is gone is a good idea but  a consultation for evaluation and planning surgery can be done now. The repair can tear as the sutures used are quite small.

Julio Garcia, MD