What are the pros and cons to having skin tightening procedures like Ultherapy before or after weightloss?

In my case I plan to lose more than 10 lbs. I am 33 year old. Would the skin tightening procedure be as effective after losing weight? Or is it better to have the procedure before?

Weight Loss and Ultherapy Timing - not related

Ultherapy is skin tightening. Weight loss if excessive can leave you with extra skin - it is not likely, with your planned 10 pound weight loss plans, that you will have more loose skin because the fat is gone. The skin tightening will be as effective before or after weight loss. Read the Ultherapy book our group has published on the link below. 

Ultherapy can tighten sagging faces before or after weight loss

usually one's moderate weight loss doesn't affect the result of Ultherapy. However, there have been patients that I've seen in consultation who knew from their weight up and downs, that the folds and creases in their face look better when they're heavier. If they expect to lose weight, and their folds deepen then, I might know to focus with the treatment on certain areas of the face and some of those patients have returned months later to have treatment after such occurred.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy and weight loss

Considering the amount of weight you plan on losing, I do not feel this will present a problem.  Also at your age, I would expect your collagen to respond well and that you would have a good result.  

Richard Asarch, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Noninvasive skin tightening and weight loss

For modest changes in weight such as those you describe, the timing of noninvasive skin tightening is not important.  For patients who are planning to undergo massive weight loss through surgery or other dramatic measures, noninvasive skin tightening may or may not be an option.  In these situations is best to wait until the weight loss is complete before deciding which facial rejuvenation procedures would be best.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon