What are the pros and cons to having skin tightening procedures like Ultherapy before or after weightloss?

In my case I plan to lose more than 10 lbs. I am 33 year old. Would the skin tightening procedure be as effective after losing weight? Or is it better to have the procedure before?

Weight Loss and Ultherapy Timing - not related

+2
Ultherapy is skin tightening. Weight loss if excessive can leave you with extra skin - it is not likely, with your planned 10 pound weight loss plans, that you will have more loose skin because the fat is gone. The skin tightening will be as effective before or after weight loss. Read the Ultherapy book our group has published on the link below. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy and weight loss

+1
Considering the amount of weight you plan on losing, I do not feel this will present a problem.  Also at your age, I would expect your collagen to respond well and that you would have a good result.  

Richard Asarch, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Noninvasive skin tightening and weight loss

+1
For modest changes in weight such as those you describe, the timing of noninvasive skin tightening is not important.  For patients who are planning to undergo massive weight loss through surgery or other dramatic measures, noninvasive skin tightening may or may not be an option.  In these situations is best to wait until the weight loss is complete before deciding which facial rejuvenation procedures would be best.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon