What Are the Pros and Cons for the Dental Implant Pins for Dentures?

I currently have lower dentures and am considering the implant pins. My dentures are very uncomfortable and I don't enjoy eating anymore. I cannot eat steak, chicken or anything chewy because of the pain from my dentures. I have had them for 3 years. I have little to no bone on my lower jaw but my surgeon says the pins are a good option for me.

Uncomfortable ill fitting dentures, pros and cons of dental implants

+1

The cons are easy, there are none.  The pros, there are lots of them.  Being able to eat and chew comfortably.  Being able to chew your food better, no need for adhesive, less sore spots.  I could go on and on with the pros.  I have had many patients have implants placed to stabilize dentures and each and every one says they wished they had it done sooner.  Good luck.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Dentures, implants, overdentures, prosthodontist.

+1

Implants will be fantastic for you. However, prior to any surgery, you must have the dentures evaluated by a good dentist, or preferably a prosthodontist, who is the specialist in restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. If the dentures do not fit and hurt you, they will hurt you even more once they are held down in place by the implants. In addition, if the implants are not optimally placed, and are out of position or are placed at the wrong angles, you will have more problems. Once the dentures are not hurting you, just move around, the implants can be placed properly. Traditional, regular size implants, with locator attachments are the best alternative. You can easily locate a prosthodontist near you on the american college of prosthodontist website.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

What Are the Pros and Cons for Dental Implants for Dentures?

+1

Dental implants have now been used for almost 50 years. They first were studied to help people like you.

In the recent past, removing all of the teeth and having a full denture made was the final solution. I've found that only about 10% of patients with dentures can actually eat much with them or don't mind them Those people are the ones who eat corn and think that dentures are the best thing they ever did.

The other 90% feel bad because they can't eat much, the dentures slip, and their mouth just feels bad most of the time.

Nowadays, the new standard is no longer to just make a full denture, the standard is to use at least two implants with any denture.

If you are as miserable as you sound, then you MUST do these implants. The only con is to make sure you find a dental implant dentist who is very comfortable and experienced with these treatments. Many dentist claim they do implants, do not all of them deliver truly superior results.

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/dental-implants.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants can only help your denture

+1

The only Cons would be cost and the need for surgical procedure. Any surgical procedure has risks but if you use a competent oral surgeon you should have no issues.

The Pros are great: high retention of denture (no need for adhesive), better stability and ability to chew, more confidence that your denture will not come up or fall out, less sore spots due to less denture movement.

Since you mentioned that you have very little bone, then you will likely only have room for two implants in the front area. That is OK and is plenty to make a huge difference. There will still be a very slight movement but the denture will not raise up or fall out.

I preferr the Locator type of attachment.The attachment is the part that will connect (snap) the denture to the implant (pin). The implant type (pin) could vary and there are several good brand names. Just make sure your surgeon uses a reputable one that will work with the Locator attachment. I do not like mini-implants since they are very skinny and have a lower success rate than a traditional wider implant. Specially since you will only be getting two implants.   O-rings are not as stable and tend to wear out and need replacing more often.  Just my opinion.

You should do it.

Good luck

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants to Support Lower Denture

+1

It sounds like you have no other choice but to stabilize your denture with implants. There is very little risk and lots of rewards!

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Snap On Dentures

+1

Most definitely. What you need are Mini Dental Implants with a denture customized and adapted with O-Rings. The head of the Mini Dental Implants and the O-Rings placed at the dentures creates the "Snap" effect when you place them. These dentures have "no palate" and they can "Snapped On" and "Snapped off" from your jawbone.

You will be able to eat and chew anything you want. Dentures glue may be not strong enough to bite certain foods and a problem that arises is that when you bite on one side, the same pressure on the denture makes the other side of your denture become loose.

Also, many dentures have palate, and the palate is a very important factor to taste food better. When you have your palate covered by a denture, many food flavors are simply ignored. With these Implant retained Dentures you will be able to chew and bite on any side without any slips or movement of the denture.

The placing of the Mini Dental Implants is a minimally invasive procedure and we place it in less than an hour at our clinic.

Web reference: http://www.miracledentures.com

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist