What is the Best Product to Be Used for Lip Injections?

Options for Lip Augmentation

+2

There are a variety of treatment options for lip augmentation. The quickest way is with filler injection. Prevelle is quite soft and less bumpy but short duration. Typically about 2 months. Restyland and Juvederm have all been used on the lips as well. They are typically slightly longer lasting (about 2 to 3 months) but tend to have more lumpiness post injection. It's easily managed with massage and typically will go away after few days. Fat may have the longest longevity however the result can change with your weight change and you may also encounter fat necrosis. Finally, there is surgilip and soft silicone permanent implant for permanent enhancement. The implantation is more involved and possible complications exist. With all these options available, make sure you talk to a well qualified plastic surgeon who's experienced with all of the above treatment modalities to give you the most appropriate guidance. 

Stewart Wang, MD FACS

What is the best product for lip augmentation?

+1

For lip augmentation, I like to use Juvederm. It yields a great looking and natural result. The Juvederm will last 6-7 months on average. Seek out a board certified and experienced facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist to perform the treatment. I hope this helps, and best of luck! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

We most commonly use hyaluronic acid soft tissue filler such as Juvederm or Restylane for lip augmentation.  The results typically last 9-12 months.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC

Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Fat May Be the Best Filler for Lip Augmentation

+1

All absorbable lip fillers (e.g. Restylane and Jeuvederm) go away by design. There for the best filler would be use of your own fat. Although the amount that takes varies, there is always improvement in my experience, it can be repeated if necessary, and results in a soft and natural appearance.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Is There a Perfect Lip Filler?

+1

The answer probably no. If you talking about products such as Restylene or Juvederm, every surgeon seems to have their personal favorite. For thin lips due to aging, the best filler would be one that is accurate, permanent and natural. The only "filler" that satisfies these requirements is your own fat. For those who want a less expensive, temporary fix with minimal down time, many of the off the shelf fillers are good. 

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Best Filler for the Lips

+1

The "best" filler is whatever your particular physician is most comfortable and experienced with injecting. Any filler in unskilled hands is meaningless. I do however prefer substances like Juvederm or Restylane, as they feel and look most natural. I don't typically recommend collagen or fat transfer, as they have a higher risk for looking lumpy and un-natural. Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Lip Augmentation with Hyaluronic Facial Fillers

+1

Many options are available for lip enhancement, but most plastic surgeons and dermatologists prefer hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. Examples of these facial fillers include Restylane and Juvederm. Lip injections provide natural results that last for several months. In addition, HA fillers are performed in the office with local anesthesia. 

Fat injection is another option for lip enhancement  Your own fat is obtained via liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, or legs then placed in desired areas of the lips and face. Fat, unlike HA fillers, has the potential for much longer lasting results.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon or dermatologist provide appropriate options for you. There isn't one best option for everyone. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1

Dear Koshka,

• I prefer using Juvederm, but it all depends on what you want and what you look like
  • Look at before and after photos and see what results you like, then go with that doctor
  • Lip augmentation is great and my patients love their results, I am sure you will too

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Lip filler

+1

The longest lasting lip filler is fat transfer. May need couple of tomes.

Silicone can and will form granulomas, lumpiness.and not FDA approved except for sealing detached retina as a glue.

In the eye silicone does not have the immune response as anywhere else

Best Filler for Lip Augmentation

+1

I am not sure there is any best filler for lip augmentation, but in our practice, as it really depends on the experience and technique of the physician doing the injections.  In our practice, we mostly use liquid injectable silicone as it is incredibly precise and permanent. It is a great filler and excellent for lip augmentation. Click on the link below for before and after photos of lips augmented with silicone. Most importantly, consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in lip injections.

Channing R. Barnett, MD