What are the procedures to lighten or minimize the appearance of the dark & deep scars on my knees? (photos)

These scars have been the source of my embarrassment for more than 20 years.I would always have to hide them in jeans and long skirts:( i've tried several ways like fraxel laser/products to atleast lighten but non of them worked.presently, i'm applying hydroquinone prescribed by a derma clinic but so far i haven't seen any changes. They look more darker in person than shown in the pictures.

Fraxel laser treatments

+1
Scars and discoloration can be improved with a series of Fraxel laser treatments or other fractionated laser. You will need at least about 5 treatments with a Fraxel laser to build collagen and see an improvement. Some darker skin types are not appropriate for lasers and may develop darker pigmentation as a result of a laser treatments. Hydroquinone cream will gradually lighten brown hyperpigmentation surrounding the scar to a degree. Prescription strength, which is 4% or higher, is recommended to see good results and may take 2-3 months if using it twice a day. Retinoid creams, such as tretinoin, can be used in conjunction with Hydroquinone to help exfoliate the brown pigmentation faster. Other options to improve brown discoloration are a series of IPL treatments and chemical peels.

Orange County Dermatologist

Dark Spots on Legs

+1
Honestly, very few lasers work well for this. Salicylic acid peels, sun protection and avoidance, and a combination of bleaching creams will work to lighten.  None, will remove the color permanently however.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.