What's the Procedure of the Surgery to Get Almond Shaped Eyes? (photo)

I am Caucasian, I have epicanthal folds and I would like to have almond shaped eyes. Above all, I'd like to have sharper inner conners. Could you please tell what the procedure of this surgery is, if it lasts forever and the name of the surgery? Thanks!

Surgery to creat almond shape eyes

+2

Looking at your picture on the left, my suggestion would be a tarsorrhaphy or Tarsal Strip procedure to reduce or illiminate the rounding od the outer portion f the lower lids and it will likely narrow the medial canthal angle. I strongly recommend consulting with at least 2 surgeons who are experienced and specialize in cosmetic surgery of the eyes.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

To Meaningfully Answer Your Question, a Photo is Necessary.

+2

Caucasian and Asian eyelids have important internal structural differences. Generally, the Asian eyelid is fuller that the Caucasian eyelid. Differences in the preseptal and postseptal fat pads contribute to this difference. Additionally the orbital septum, a sheet of connective tissue that separates the pre and post septal fat pads, inserts much lower in the eyelid in the Asian eyelid. This line of fusion is often found where the eyelid crease forms. When the septum extends to the eyelid margin, no upper eyelid crease is seen ( single eyelid). In addition to these differences the are often differences in the structure of the bony rim. Generally, no it is not really possible to make an Asian eyelid a Western eye and conversely. I suggest a personal consultation to determine precisely what you are looking for and if it is possible.

Changing Shape of Eye Aperture

+1

The only way I know of altering the eye aperture is through a lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty. The re-draping of the lower lid changes the amount of show of your iris and sclera.

James H. Rosing, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon