What is the Best Procedure to Remove the Lines on my Neck?

I am 36 years old and have these horizontal lines on my neck. As expected, they seem to be getting worse as I age. I have very little fat on my neck. The skin within the crease will not tan and really makes the lines stand out more during the summer. As you can see from the profile picture, there is a little bit of excess skin on my neck and under my chin. I have been considering a neck lift but didn't know if laser resurfacing would provide good results.

Horizontal neck lines

+1

Horizontal neck lines with excess skin can be challenging. In my opinion, the best option is either surgery or a combination of light fractional resurfacing and dermal fillers. Botox works best for the vertical neck bands.

Austin Dermatologist

Neck Wrinkles

+1

Horizontal lines can be diminished used dermal fillers which would help fill in the deep creases. Although Botox can be used on the neck, it is used for vertical bands that result from your neck muscles becoming thicker and more cord-like. Botox will not eliminate the horizontal lines. 

Fraxel lasers can also be used to tighten the skin on the neck, which can help address the excess skin you mentioned. Fraxel Re:pair will tighten the skin by shrinking the overall surface area. It is safe for lighter skin patients though. Fraxel Dual will help your skin form new collagen, allowing it to become firmer and more elastic. The laser treatments will not completely eliminate the horizontal lines. 

It is important that you speak to a board certified dermatologist to determine the best treatment or combination of treatments for you.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-fraxel-laser/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Horizontal neck creases may be improved with a carefully performed Injectable Filler treatment.

+1

These horizontal neck creases are bothersome to many young patients like yourself. I have had good success minimizing, not eliminating, their appearance with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. Hope this is helpful for you. Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4247

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for neck wrinkles; conservatism is paramount.

+1

These so called "necklace lines" which run horizontally are very common in thin skinned patients. Noninvasive treatment with Botox or other similar neurotoxins works fairly well by relaxing excess platysma muscle activity, and also works for vertical bands in the neck, for about 4 months. Light peels, light fractional laser treatments, and nonablative radiofrequency procedures, as well as Ulthera ultrasound do offer some improvement by tightening the skin somewhat. I always recommend a good topical regimen including retinoids and vitamin C as well.So called "neck creams" may help a little, but there is not much scientific validation for these. Surgery is reserved for neck laxity and excess skin, and a neck lift will address these issues well. Avoid aggressive chemical peels and ablative laser procedures as there is a significant risk of scarring, hypopigmentation pain and other complications.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon