What is the Best Procedure to Reduce Under Eye Wrinkles? Eye Lift?

I had an upper eye lift and am very pleased. I have very little baggin under my eyes , almost none, but some thin ,crepey skin.Would an lower eye lift help this?

Best Procedure to Reduce Under Eye Wrinkles? Eye Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question. Lower Blepharoplasty would be a treatment for extra skin on lower eyelids.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Peels and Lasers helpful for fine eyelid wrinkling but not redundant skin

+1

Peels and Lasers helpful for fine eyelid wrinkling but not redundant skin. A TCA peel (I prefer the Blue Obagi Peel for safety) or laser will improve nicely the fine crepy wrinkles you are describing. As the skin is very thin in the eyelid it is essential to go to a board certified plastic, facial plastic or dermatologist with experience in this region.

On the other hand if there is redundant skin a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) is best.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Best Procedure to Reduce Under Eye Wrinkles

+1

Lower eyelid skin Wrinkles can be improved but in my opinion it can't be removed permanently. The recommended treatment plan would depend upon the patient's age and the degree of wrinkling in the lower eyelid skin. Here are some choices

1. For the older patient with significant lower eyelid wrinkling, I recommend a more aggressive approach:
•Laser Resurfacing of the lower lid and  a agressive skin care maintenance program including a Tripeptide Wrinkle Reducing Serum. In most cases this approach can improve the wrinkles of the lower lid by 40 to 70%. 50% of these patients may benifit for a lower eyelid lift.

2. For the younger patient with less eyelid wrinkling, I would recommend a less aggressive approach

•Profractional Laser or Pelleve' 3 times per year
•Microlaser Peel once per year
•Tripeptide Wrinkle Reducing Serum Twice Daily

One must understand that if you permanently stop aging then you can get permanent wrinkle reduction and since aging is non-avoidable maintenance is the key.

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

+1

Depending upon the severity of the extra lower eyelid skin and lower eyelid "bag" your options include dermal fillers, laser resurfacing or lower blepharoplasty. To determine which option is best for you, seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Oculoplastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon