What is the Procedure to Get a Monroe Piercing Hole Closed? (photo)

I have had a Monroe piercing for about two years and it has been out for about five months. The hole is really noticeable still and I was wondering what procedure I can do to get rid if the hole completely and how much it would cost? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Reversal of Monroe Piercing

+2

The best option is to revise the "hole" into a closed, level, "line" under local anesthesia. The procedure should be totally painless, and take about an hour. Full healing will take several months for the incision line to feel soft and totally flat, and for the pinkness to fade.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Procedure to Get a Monroe Piercing Hole Closed?

+2

A minor local anesthesia operation can improve the appearance of the piercing. Remember there are ALWAYS consequences to body piercing if in the future you change your mind. 

Procedure to remove a Monroe Piercing

+2

The hole can usually be removed with a surgical procedure done under local anesthesia. Much like other piercing (e.g. ear piercings), the skin tunnel that connects both sides needs to be removed. Then the resultant wound is closed in layers. There will always be a scar, but there are techniques that can be utilized to minimize its noticeability.

A procedure like this depending on your location and provider is usually in the range of 500-1000 dollars.

Have a great day,

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair of a piercing scar in Los Angeles

+1

Most piercing scars can be revised by removing the epithelialized tunnel that connects the two puncture sites. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS