What is the Procedure Like for Cauterizing Milia?

I'm currently in the 3rd month of Accutane and saw my dermatologist today. I asked him about a small bump under my eye that he called a Milia. He indicated that he would like to cauterize it and we would discuss it more later; however, not until I'm done with Accutane in 3 months. What is the procedure like?

Cauterizing milia

+2

Cauterizing a milia will probably just involve touching the cautery to the surface of the milia which will "burn" the covering skin and allow the contents of the milia to pop out. This will take one second and is no big deal. Can also probably treat with a prick of a needle and a comedone extracter. No need to worry

Birmingham Dermatologist