What is the Procedure in Removing 2-4mm of Bone from the Zygomatic Bone and Arch of the Face?

how would/could a surgeon do this? would the bone grow back? Costs?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, this is done for faces that have excess width from bone in that area.  A bone rasp is used to remove the high points of the cheek and medial section of the Zygomatic arch.  I had a patient consult me for Cheek Implants after he had his zygomatic arch fractured in , by a surgeon in Asia, which is not recommended IMHO.  The bone does not grow back once removed.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.