What would be the procedure done in order to remove the hump, such as open or closed surgery. What would be better? (photo)

Would they just have to shave it down and problem solved. Or would they have to do something else. Am okay with how my nose looks besides it having the bump. I wouldn't want anything else being done and making it look unnatural. And what would be the price range in having this done? Thank you. Age 17.

Removing a nasal hump

+1

An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. Depending on the individual circumstances of the patient, osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) may need to be performed along with a hump removal. An open roof deformity can occur if a nasal hump is reduced and osteotomies are not performed, or not performed properly. During a nasal hump reduction, the tops of the nasal bones are shaved down to decrease the appearance of the hump. This can make an opening in the top of what is referred to as the “roof.” Performing osteotomies can help to move the bones inward and reduce the open roof. Price can vary depending on the complexity of the surgery and your geographic location. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty in 17 year old male.

+1

Rhinoplasty in 17 year old male can be done open or closed depending on the skill of the surgeon IF you are not growing. A radix graft is needed along with conservative hump removal. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses you like.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your question is difficult to answer without seeing more photos. Removing a dorsal hump is often not so simple. Sometimes other maneuvers will be necessary. The approach will often vary by surgeon preference and according to the complexity of those maneuvers. Price range will vary by region, surgeon, and what maneuvers are necessary to achieve a natural result. You should see a surgeon that specializes in facial cosmetic surgery and more specifically, rhinoplasty. Good luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Hump Reduction vs Nasofrontal Augmentation

+1

Hi,

You may actually need some reduction with naso-frontal augmentation to get good result.

If you only get a hump reduction, your nose may be too low. Computer imaging is a good way to see the different options. This surgery should cost around 6000 to 10500 in the NY area.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose

+1

You need to be seen in person and evaluated by a plastic surgeon prior to deciding on what you would need and or want to be done to your nose. Opinions over the internet would not be accurate.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A bit more complex than it may seem

+1

Anthony,

Its always difficult on these sites to get a real feel for what your nose needs but I'll do my best to give you my opinion and advice.

Remember, the key to a good Rhinoplasty(nose surgery) is facial balance. People often ONLY think/look/focus on one part of their nose and forget that you have many other parts. When i look at your nose, i notice a few things.

One, you have a "hump." That hump, may not necessarily be a bad thing in some respects as I also notice you have a short nose. If you were to simply shave down the hump and narrow your nose slightly, you may end up looking as though your nose is too small for your face and thus create a new problem. Sometimes, rather than REMOVE the hump, you need to move the end of your nose forward or "build" up the lower part of your nose to match the upper part. Make sense? Imagine if your nose had a bit more volume at the lower part (near your tip up to where it meets the bump). You would no longer have a bump and your nose would appear a bit longer. Again, the issue with this is you dont want too big a nose as then it makes your chin look small....Sometimes, people even need their chin augmented to give their nose perfect balance. The whole point of all this is to say, make sure you see someone who looks at your entire face and really tries to bring balance to your face and nose. Often times it seems like something as simple as "removing a bump" is actually alot more complicated in the end.

My biggest advice would be to see a Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgeon in Canada or the US who is well certified (FRCSC or Board Certified) in a good clinic to do a full assessment. As for the cost, its always difficult to say. But shop around and have your surgery completed by the person who you feel most comfortable with.

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would be the procedure done in order to remove the hump, such as open or closed surgery. What would be better?

+1

If you would just like the hump reduced, this could be done in closed fashion for around $5000. The cartilage that is shaved from the hump can be used to build up the radix to allow for a greater improvement. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA