What Would Be the Best Procedure for Me? My Mouth Appears to Look Sad and the Corners Drag Down? (photo)

I am a 28 yo female with fairly good skin. I'm also unhappy with my jawline or should I say no jawline. I've been told fillers in the folds around my nostrils or lip injections to upper lip would help the mouth and smartlipo of the neck or fillers along jawline would help or just chin implant. Can you help please?! I want to avoid surgery if possible

Chin Implant with Liposuction

+1

Dear ATZOE123,

I think the best solution for you is to have chin augmentation with implant which will lengthen your jawline and put the lower third of your face into better balance with the rest of your face as well as  liposuction of the neckline.

Computer imaging is very helpful in our office to demonstrate this to patients. When looking at a woman’s profile, we like to pass a straight line through the midpoint of the nose profile extending past the front of the upper lip. We like to see a man’s chin hit that extended line and a woman’s chin come within 4 mm of it. In your case, your chin is recessive, and it would put much better balance to strengthen the chin with an implant. It can be placed via an intraoral route with you asleep as a day surgery procedure by pulling the lower lip forward and making a small pocket in the front of the jawline. The chin implants are a solid silicone material, so there is no gel to leak or encapsulate further and simply stays in permanently.

This frequently makes a much more balanced and “stronger look” on both full-face view and the profile. I find likewise that if you bump into someone you haven’t seen for a couple of years they will immediately recognize you but think “she looks better than I remember and I am not sure why”.

Good luck to you.
Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Neck liposuction and a chin implant

+1
 Removal of fat in the neck is  by definition surgery. This  can be accomplished with either a neck lift or simple liposuction. A chin implant and also placed through the same sub mental incision when there is recessive chin present. Please see the link below for examples of  the combination of neck liposuction  and chin implant our practice

What Would Be the Best Procedure for Me? My Mouth Appears to Look Sad and the Corners Drag Down?

+1

If I was the examining doctor I would offer fillers to the oral commissures and ThermiTight RF to the sub mental area (minimal invasive treatments under local anesthesia).

Non surgical approach to the mouth and chin

+1

It appears you have a lower jaw which is smaller than the upper jaw. Treatment on a non surgical basis could involve the use of tissue fillers - some of which can last up to 18 months according the the manufacturer. Avoid liposculture at your age and try to define the bony landmarks/jawline, including the chin. Fillers near the corners of the mouth will provide additional support.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant and fillers?

+1

Have you been computer imaged? I've found that when things get confusing and there are several options, computer imaging can help. You could view a realistic preview of neck lipo and a chin implant which I think would could be a very nice look for you. Fillers would improve the upper lip too and could also be imaged. Allergan has a website that can give you an estimate of your look with fillers too. Any of these could be viewed alone or in different combinations to help clear up some of the worries about what might be best for you.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Jawline and fillers

+1

I believe you would have a nice improvement with a chin implant or advancement genioplasty.   Fillers will do well for the upper lip.    Good luck.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

From the photos provided, the chin is very weak.  Chin Augmentation with a chin implant would balance the entire lower face making it more naturally attractive.  Hope this helps.