What is the Best Procedure to Fix Tuberous Asymmetry? (photo)

I am 23 years old and I believe I have tuberous breasts with severe asymmetry. Will I need a breast lift to fix this? Also, is a nipple reduction needed? How complicated do you believe this procedure will be?

Breast augmentation and lift on the left is best to correct tubular breast asymmetry

+3

Thank you for your question.  You do not have a severe form of tubular breast deformity fortunately.

Simple breast augmentation on the right side with a combination breast lift and augmentation on the left side should be able to correct your tuberous asymmetry quite nicely.  Please see photos and the Link below for more information.

Tuberous breast deformity

+2

Actually you have a fairly straight forward problem to fix.  I would recommend an asymmetric concentric mastopexy/augmentation with silicone implants under the muscle.  The size of the implants chosen to meet your body habitus and breast size desire.  You should get a dramatic change and a great result!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

NAC Symmetrizing Procedure and Breast Augmentation

+2

A breast augmentation can help create the illusion of fuller breasts and greater roundness as well as apparent reduction of spacing.  Nipple areolar symmetrizing procedures with a left sided lift would be appropriate.  Please find the board certified plastic surgeon with the BEST credentials who performs these operations all of the time.

What is the Best Procedure to Fix Tuberous Asymmetry

+2

Much depends upon your goals. I would guess that most patients presenting with a photo like this will want their breasts larger and more even. 

To accomplish this, both sides would need implants, and both sides would have some sort of lift procedure, though they would be different (as would be the implant size). 

It is not possible to suggest a precise plan based only upon a frontal view, but even with a full battery of photos, an in person evaluation is much more useful.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast Augmentation symmetry

+2

It appears that you have much more skin on the left side than the right. Also, the left nipple is lower and areola larger. A lift on the left along with an augmentation will achieve a much more symmetric result. The recovery will be similar to an augmentation alone. You would be much happier with your result with a lift on the left. It would help you to view before and after photos of lifts to see what the results look like.

Michael Horn, MD

Correction of Breast Asymmetry?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Although it is difficult to give you precise advice based on the frontal view picture only, it is clear that you have significant breast asymmetry and that some degree of breast lifting will be necessary on your left side to improve the breast symmetry.  Often, areola reduction surgery is done as part of the breast lift procedure.

I would suggest that you learn about the pros/cons of saline versus silicone breast implants;  given your body type, silicone gel breast implants may provide for the best results from the aesthetic standpoint.

When the time is right, you may benefit from in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients and your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Improving asymmetric breasts

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  An in depth discussion about your goals would be needed to determine the best plan.  With that said a breast augmentation using different size implants as well as a purse-string areolaplasty (donut lift) would likely improve the vast majority of the asymmetry that you have.  The larger breast may also benefit from a vertical incision down the breast to allow tightening of the lower pole of the breast to match the other side but I do not think this will be a significant part of the correction for you.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Asymmetry may require more than on operation

+1

I would approach your problem in two steps.

Step 1. Fix asymmetry.  Make left side match right side

Step 2. Enlarge both with implants to make them the size that you would like.

That is the only way to get a good result

Vasdev Rai, MD

What is the Best Procedure to Fix Tuberous Asymmetry?

+1

Depending on your goals for breast augmentation, there are a few options.  I would definitely use silicone implants and a mastopexy on the left side.  You should get a great result.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Based upon your photos, it looks like you could benefit from an augmentationa nd both sides and a lift on the left to equalize the areolas.