What is the Problem Behind my Ear? (photo)

Hi, about a year ago I did an otoplasty (right ear only) and I have notice that I have a bump on the top right of my ear. I don't know what it is or what caused it. I'm scared that it will grow bigger or get infected. Can it be the stitches under the skin? Thanks

Lump behind ear following a otoplasty

+2

This could be scar tissue behind your ear or suture knots.  It would really need an examination to tell what this is.  If it is not visible then you may want to just leave it alone.  

Healing issues at the top of the ear after otoplasty

+1

This can happen. You can try some steroids to the area to have it shrink down. The other options is to excise that area and that can be done very easily.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problem behind ear

+1

It's impossible to give you a diagnosis for the problem behind your ear without examining you.  It does appear that it could be addressed with a minor surgical procedure though.  I would recommend seeing the surgeon who performed your otoplasty to be evaluated.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Best to be seen in person and by your surgeon! Appears like a suture retention cyst. But could be fragmented cartilage.