Would the Price of a Rhinoplasty Be Reduced if I Did Not Touch the Bone? (photo)

I have wanted to change my nose for many years now, but I dont want anything drastic. .I think the bridge of my nose is fine, i just want to reshape the cartilage on the tip of my nose so that it has less of a bulbous tip. . I want to know if this makes a difference in pricing, recovery and risk.

Rhinoplasty that only treats the tip is often less expensive

+2

If your nose truly does not need anything other than tip reshaping, then yes, the cost of rhinoplasty is usually reduced (at least in my practice). Keep in mind that there are many factors that go into the total cost of the procedure: the surgeon fee, the cost of anesthesia, facility fees, and geographic location to name a few.

Recovery is typically a little faster in tip-only rhinoplasty in that the potential for bruising and black eyes is reduced if no osteotomies are done (bony cuts performed for a variety of reasons). That being said, the nasal tip skin stays swollen longer than anywhere else on the nose. After two weeks it is typically not noticeable to others around you, but you and your surgeon will still notice. Overall swelling reduces very quickly but the last bit of swelling takes almost a year to fully go away. You will be presentable far before then however.

Based on your picture, it is difficult to know if the tip is the only area that would benefit from surgery. Often times, modification of one part of the nose, necessitates modification of other parts of the nose in order to maintain natural relationships. The best thing for you to do is to have a face-to-face consultation with one or more surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty. And by specialize, I mean those who perform high volumes of rhinoplasty yearly (>100). If a surgeon's website buries rhinoplasty low in their list of procedures, then it is unlikely that he/she is a specialist in this field. No matter how "minor" the change, rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult and complex operations for perform well. I hope that helps. Have a nice day!

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

The bone is intricately involved with the nose and may need the change once the tip surgery is addressed.  The cost of a tip-plasty is about $3,500 less than a full rhinoplasty.  It is important to know that the tip-plasty alone does not always give a full result.  If the remainder of the nose does not balance together after the tip-plasty has been performed, a full rhinoplasty is probably necessary.

Surgical complexity and cost of rhinoplasty.

+1

I believe that it only makes sense that a more complex surgery should carry a higher surgical fee.  In addition, the facility fee and anesthesia fee should be higher due to a longer surgical time.  In your case, restricting surgery to the nasal tip alone should mean a lower cost.;

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of rhinoplasty with tip work only

+1

If only tip work is performed, you will be in the operating room for less time and the cost of surgery will be lower.  However, it important to understand that the goal with rhinoplasty is to create a nose that blends in with one's own natural features, and enhances their look.  It is definitely possible to perform only tip work.  Depending on the individual circumstances of the patient, additional procedures may be necessary to keep the nose in harmony with the rest of the face.  Many surgeons use computer imaging software in their office that allows the patient to get an idea of how the final result will appear.  The software also allows the surgeon to communicate with the patient, and make suggestions that will help them achieve the best possible result while maintaining realistic expectations for the final outcome.  To start, I would recommend a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

The cost of rhinoplasty can vary depending on any factors, including the extent and complexity of the work which needs to be done. So it might cost less if only the tip needs work. Consulting with a few plastic surgeons cans tell you which options are available to get the kind of result you want

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Cost of Rhinoplasty

+1

The cost of rhinoplasty surgery will depend on what is done during the operation. However, you don't want to just reduce and refine the tip which will be improved but end up with a result where the tip is not proportional with a larger bridge. Consult with an experienced surgeon who will explain your alternatives.

Tip plasty vs full rhinoplasty

+1

If it si jsut an isolaed tip plasty, often this is a bit less than a full rhinoplasty, but quite often the upper 2/3's need to be treated to balance the nose....but not always.

Sliding scale for rhinoplasty

+1

It is very misleading to a patient. Frequently and almost always when the tip is thinned the bony upper part of the nose must be altered to fit.I don't know any plastic surgeons who have a sliding scale from easy to hard. All rhinoplasties are hard in satisfying a patient

Rhinoplasy cost for not breaking the bones.

+1

Your top and lower bridge appear large and you may need the bones reduced to match the new tip- otherwise it will look too large.  Do not shop price-shop quality. 

How Can I Make These Keloid Scars Less Prominent?

+1

Thanks for the photo. Tip rhinoplasty is 30 to 40% less expensive. recovery also shorter. Best to discuss in person with a few rhinoplasty docs in your area.