Can the Pocket Close Before Implant Drops?

I can not for the life of me get the left breast to drop as much as the right. I bend over this morning and the left one is saggy and looks awfully empty. I actually see the pocket that the doctor talks about - its empty LOL. Anyway, is it possible that the pocket closed and the implant can not drop - BL and BA done June 13th, 2012 - vertical 330 cc saline implants under the muscle.

Implant position

+1

It can take more time for the implant to drop and they may drop at different times.  However, if the position of the implant or the dissection of the breast pocket wasn't optimal, it may require revisional surgery.   Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon but I would generally advise you to wait a few more months.

Implants have not dropped after lift and augmentation

+1

The settling or dropping of breast implants is usually related to skin envelope tightness in the lower pole because if the skin envelope is tight , the implant will take time to settle as the skin must relax and allow the implant to center itself within the breast.  Other issues of a high implant are related to submuscular placement with incomplete release of the inferior edge of the muscle.  After 2 months there may be an issue regarding the breast pocket proper and patience and massage may be the best answer.  With mastopexy the implant may be held tightly in the pocket allowing the fuller skin envelope to move independently with a poor marriage of the breast and breast implant.  It's difficult to know just what the situation is at hand here and a visit with your surgeon may be beneficial to explain the disconnect between your breast and the implant pocket.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Implant Pocket “Close” Prematurely?

+1

Given that you are approximate 2 months out of your breast augmentation/lifting procedure,  I would suggest continued patience/massage… Implants may take several months before they fully “settle”.

Sometimes, despite best efforts, one  or both breasts implants fail to settle completely;  if the final position of the breast implants remains bothersome, revisionary breast surgery may become necessary.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-upwith your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out complications ( such as encapsulation)  that may occur and prevent the “descent” of a breast implant.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm