Should the Plastic Surgeon or Patient Pay for a Belly Button Revision After a Tummy Tuck and Umbilical Hernia Repair?

Who pays for revisions?

+1

Plastic surgery is both an art and a  science, despite a plastic surgeons best efforts scars or other problems can sometimes occur.  It does not mean that you had bad plastic surgery or a bad plastic surgeon.  It simply means that you have embarked on a procedure but that has some inherent risk.

I suspect your plastic surgeon will want nothing more than to do his or her best to make you happy. Each surgeon will have his or her own policy regarding revisions, often they are made clear in the documents that you read before your surgery. 

I think that open communication with your Doctor Is your best option. 

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Considerations for payment of belly button revision surgery

+1

Without knowing the specifics in your situation, a definitive answer can't be provided. I do agree with all the previous respondents and therefore won't be redundant. Factors that would help answer the question include such issues as prior agreements and consents, nature of the issue, your compliance or lack thereof in its occurrence if any, smoking, etc.

Have you discussed this with your plastic surgeon?

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Revisionary Costs

+1

This policy is different in every office.  It also would depend on the specifics of each case and the circumstances.  In general, a surgeon may waive his surgical fee, but the patient may be responsible for facility and anesthesia costs.  In some instances he may waive all fees.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes,

Brian Joseph MD, FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Revisionary surgery payment

+1

Each office differs with their policy regarding revisionary surgery and this should have been discussed with you prior to surgery.  Some surgeons do waive the surgeon's fee for the first year but usually there are fees associated with the facility, anesthesia, supplies.

Have a discussion with your surgeon. I am sure that he/she wants to help you achieve your best result.

Who pays for revision?

+1
You have posed a general question, bur the answer needs to be specific to the situation. Was there a written agreement as to revisions, including a time period in which a complaint has to be made? What is the defect? Did any action of the patient, such as piercing, contribute to it? Many plastic surgeons will bot charge for their time but the patient is responsible for facility and anesthesia costs.

Robert L. Kraft, MD