Where is the Best Place for Incisions to Lipo the Love Handles "Flank" Area Only?

Where to place incisions for liposuction

+2

The goal of liposuction is localized fat reduction, improved contour, and limited scarring.  With newer technologies and smaller cannulas the scars are a distant third in importance.  The scars should be small in number and size and whenever possible hidden in a bikini or underclothing.  However, if a patients' body calls for a higher scar for improved cross-treatment and a smoother result, I would not hesitate to do so.  CONTOUR is most important.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

The tiny holes for liposuction can be placed anywhere quite easily and hard to find.

+2

The micro cannulas are so great at giving smooth results for liposuction and go in through only a needle stick opening so there are no ugly scars and the tiny spots can be placed anywhere easily.  Usually each area gets liposuctioned from 3 directions but leave that up to your doc since he will know exactly what to do and where to put them.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best place for incisions for liposuction of the flanks.

+2

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has his or her ideas about the best placement for incisions for liposuction of the flank.  My feelings are the incisions are best placed in an area that will be covered by underwear or swimwear whichever will be most important to the patient. I have patients bring that garment on the day of surgery to ensure  proper placement.   The second point is NOT to make the incisions in the same spot on ether side so that they appear symmetrical. This tends to make them more obvious until the scars are well healed. I feel that it is important to put them in different areas on ether side so that they are asymmetrical. 

Typical Liposuction Incision Sites for Love Handles

+1

Incisions sites for liposuction are typically very small and  made in stealth areas - that is hidden as much as possible. For example for love handles/hips/flanks I generally make a tiny incision within the bathing suit line at the edge of the groin crease. In general for liposuction to other areas I will often hide an incision  inside the belly button, umbilicus, to approach the upper and lower abdomen, just at the pubic hair line for the lower tummy and pubis area, in the groin crease for the inside of the thighs (medial thighs), at the gluteal, buttock, crease for the lower back, in the breast crease for the fat beneath your arm (lateral chest wall), in the crease below your chin for liposuction of the neck. I also like to place them at the edge of a tattoo or in an existing scar (for example C-Section or appendectomy, or mole removal scar) so that they are hidden.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/liposuction/

Liposuction Incisions

+1

It greatly depends on body type, size, skin tone and elasticity; however, I generally place my small “stab” incisions in the area of the hip which is usually covered by the scantist of bikini bottom underwear.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Typically I use two small incisions to the side of the spine in a line of skin relaxation. They heal well and are easily hidden in the skin as one moves.

Incisions are smal and heal well

+1

Incisions for Liposuction are very small and heal well.  I also place my scars in inconspicuous places such as the crease of the buttocks to treat the flank area.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

I prefer to use a long wide boar cannula inserted at the top of the crease between the buttocks. That scar is very easy to hide even under a thong. Some surgeons prefer small cannulas making access holes closer to flank/love handles area. I have found that even the small cannula access holes can leave bad scars epecially in darker skin color individuals so I prefer one larger hole in an area further from the liposuction site that is easy to cover as opposed to multiple small holes closer to the liposuction site.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Small Incisions Heal and Fade

+1

Originally the incisions were quite large and one had reason to wonder where they might be placed.

Now, if your surgeon uses micro cannulas the incision only needs to be two millimeters in size. These small incisions are left open for better drainage and healing after the procedure. They close in two to three days.

Of course we will look for the most inconspicuous place,but realize that every site needs to be suctioned from two skin openings, so the criss cross pattern will give a smoother result.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Location for "Love Handles" Liposuction Punctures

+1

Love Handles Liposuction liposuction punctures are hidden in the nderwear and are placed asymmetrically making them inconspicuous. You should feel comfortable discussing their placement with your surgeon.