Can you make the philtrum shorter? (photo)

I don't know if my philtrum is long because my face is too long or if lips are too thin and far down, but long it definitely is and I don't like it at all. Would I have to change my lips to look bigger or is there anything else I can do to make my philtrum permanently shorter?

Lip shortening surgery

+1

I believe lip shortening surgery is way over done. The upper lip can be shortened by any variation of the bull horn incisions. The question is are you willing to accept a scar at the base of the nose? No one can guarantee the quality of the scar ahead of time. May be augmenting the upper lip artistically will be enough in most cases.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com